PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do?

Moded86R
10-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Today I ordered new center cases,crank,89 clutch update kit,Shift shaft and all new gaskets,I am also going to get the counter balancer rebuilt and a new timing plate.As well as a new top-end.

Well now I have to decide wether to try and do the myself or let someone tackle the job.It was nice when my dad was alive.He rebuilt the whole transmission a couple of years ago without even using a service manual.(He used to race atc250r's back in the day)But since I have to do this by myself I don't know what to do.

I would call myself mechanicly inclind.I rebuilt the motor in my truck.I have rebuilt a 250r and a blaster topend.It's just all those little parts they have to be one certain way in the right spot.Or the whole thing is no good.I have also put a new clutch in my 250r before and it worked just fine.

There is a guy that is local that would do it fairly cheap.Probably around 150 bucks to build the whole motor.Which to me that would be worth it.

BTW I have a clymer manual for 250r's that has alot of good pictures.

Thanks for any advice.

10-25-2003, 12:10 PM
personally...if i was u...i would do it myself...but i would make sure i had a friend that knew what he was doing also...that way if u dont kno what to do...he will and will help u out on it...or if u wanted u could take it to the shop and watch him do the job to learn how to do it next time

pnut420
10-25-2003, 02:15 PM
If you could watch them while they do it, then take it to the shop for sure, that way you can learn a few tricks and there, makes things alot easier. But if you are tight on money, then do it yourself the manuals work awesome, I just dont use them enough :eek2: