PDA

View Full Version : green sticker and red stickers.

cudaman
10-25-2003, 01:20 AM
i was wondering what the deal is with getting a green sticker or a red sticker in california and if it matters if its a two stroke or 4 stroke. if someone could help me out that would be great. thanks

310Rduner
10-25-2003, 01:32 AM
The green stickers are pretty much issued to all 4 strokes... originally before the banshees were not green stickered unless they were made before 1991 (i believe this is the year) just like any other 2 stroke. However just recently all banshees, new and old have been given green stickers, and the owners have been sent them.

The red sticker is supposed to mean that it can only be ridden in certain times of the month, at Pismo this is no issue at all. it mostly has to do with the OHV trail systems where they really monitor that type of thing.

FreekShow
10-25-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
The green stickers are pretty much issued to all 4 strokes... originally before the banshees were not green stickered unless they were made before 1991 (i believe this is the year) just like any other 2 stroke. However just recently all banshees, new and old have been given green stickers, and the owners have been sent them.

The red sticker is supposed to mean that it can only be ridden in certain times of the month, at Pismo this is no issue at all. it mostly has to do with the OHV trail systems where they really monitor that type of thing. Thats weird... on my TB I got a red sticker first and then this time it was green??:confused:

AlaskaSpeed
10-25-2003, 05:06 AM
Colliefourneeeeeah is one screwed up state if you ask me....lol

cudaman
10-25-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Colliefourneeeeeah is one screwed up state if you ask me....lol

EXACTLY!!!!

oldsandman
10-25-2003, 06:32 PM
In California:

The Green Sticker Or Red Sticker: If you are going to operate a motorized vehicle off-road only, you must have either a Green Sticker or a Red Sticker that has been issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The Green Sticker allows vehicles to operate on public land all year. The Red Sticker is for motorcycles and ATVs model year 2003 and newer that do not meet the emission standards established by the California Air Resources Board. If the vehicle has a 3 or a C in the eighth position of the Vehicle Identification Number, then it does not meet the emission standards and should be issued a Red Sticker. The Red Sticker is exactly the same as the Green Sticker except that these vehicles can only be operated during certain times of the year.

Pismo Beach Sept 15- May 15

Dumont Dunes
Nov I - Apr 30

Imperial/Glamis/Gecko
Oct 1 - Apr 30

kamikaze_rzrbak
10-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
In California:

The Green Sticker Or Red Sticker: If you are going to operate a motorized vehicle off-road only, you must have either a Green Sticker or a Red Sticker that has been issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The Green Sticker allows vehicles to operate on public land all year. The Red Sticker is for motorcycles and ATVs model year 2003 and newer that do not meet the emission standards established by the California Air Resources Board. If the vehicle has a 3 or a C in the eighth position of the Vehicle Identification Number, then it does not meet the emission standards and should be issued a Red Sticker. The Red Sticker is exactly the same as the Green Sticker except that these vehicles can only be operated during certain times of the year.

Dumont Dunes
Nov I - Apr 30

Imperial/Glamis/Gecko
Oct 1 - Apr 30
did you work for the DMV or something:confused:

oldsandman
10-25-2003, 06:39 PM
No! I'd end up going postal on everyone!:D :devil: I have a Cannondale that was originaly red stickered so I had to fiqure it out.:D

JD400exrider
10-25-2003, 11:11 PM
The Green sticker / Red sticker thing is a big joke. There are four strokes that are red stickers and some two strokes that are green stickers. What is up with that.
It is just another California thing. What else is new. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :grr: :mad:

310Rduner
10-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
The Green sticker / Red sticker thing is a big joke. There are four strokes that are red stickers and some two strokes that are green stickers. What is up with that.
It is just another California thing. What else is new. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :grr: :mad:

All 250R's are green stickered:o

And all banshee's have just been issued green stickers regardless of year, sent out by the dealership you purchased them from. Or you can contact them for one. My bud just got his green sticker in the mail about 3 months ago for his previously red stickered '02

310Rduner
10-26-2003, 12:40 AM
In California:

Dumont Dunes
Nov I - Apr 30

Imperial/Glamis/Gecko
Oct 1 - Apr 30

They do not enforce it at Pismo, nor do they inforce any Db restrictions.

oldsandman
10-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
They do not enforce it at Pismo, nor do they inforce any Db restrictions.

But they can if they choose to...

310Rduner
10-26-2003, 12:02 PM
But they can if they choose to...

Sure, but that's why it is a good thing that the rangers at Pismo aren't pricks:)

oldsandman
10-26-2003, 01:45 PM
You're right the rangers at pismo are pretty good as long as you're not doing somthing stupid. I don't go on big weekends or holidays so Law Enforcement isn't ever an issue. Usually they stop bye to talk out of boredom;) which is alright with me hopefully it will help if they ever stop me for somthing. I know from talking to some of the cops that they are talking about the noise issue and # of people per day.