gotsand400
10-24-2003, 11:02 PM
LAST WEEKEND TRIP BEFORE ITS TOO COLD.
5-6 QUADS MAYBE MORE CLOSER WE GET. ALL
FROM THE SAC. CA. AREA. AND GUYS ONLY, NO
WIVES, GIRLFRIENDS, ETC. LOTS OF FUN.

JD400exrider
10-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Right on. Were going up the same weekend. Leaving Friday (11/ 7) early AM. So far seven of us all from the sacramento / El Dorado hills area. No women either. The Quads, The Trailers, The beer and the Bratwurst Should be a fun time. Hope to hook up with ya. :D

wilkin250r
10-26-2003, 10:46 PM
I can meet you out there for a day. How do I pick you out of the crowd?

JD400exrider
10-27-2003, 08:11 PM
In our group We will have two blue raptors, Two yellow ex two red ex (maybe more) We will be parked in a large toy hauler with a white suburban and a Truck with a large travel trailer.

I will be riding a red ex with a CHM pipe. Fox pants White Helmet with UNI stickers on the side. Look for the big warrior trailer and white suburban (Norcalatver 's Rig ) I think he has a Duncan seat and graphics kit) Never been there so I donlt know where to tell you will be at. Norcalatver will probably be on here soon.

wilkin250r
10-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Sounds good, I'd like to get to know a few fellow EXriders.

It's not definite that I can make it, since my frame needs to be welded. I'm looking to get it fixed early next week, so I should be good to go.

Shoot me a PM as we get nearer, and I'll give you a definitive answer, and we'll iron out the details.

What kind of beer should I bring?

QuadJunkies
11-01-2003, 09:06 PM
IO wish I could have rode those dunes last week when I was out there... Someone better take some pics please!:D

JD400exrider
11-02-2003, 10:49 PM
The forcast does not look at this point. :( It is raining in the valley now and just looked up the long range for friday-sunday. Looks like rain. If it is snowing we may not be able to get over the summit with the trailers. We have been planning a trip for to long and it looks like we waited a couple weeks to long. I am hoping for the best.

wilkin250r
11-03-2003, 10:54 AM
I think you're right, the weather looks bleak this weekend, and a storm front is supposed to come in on Thursday/Friday.

My experience with 10-day forcasts in Nevada, if a storm is supposed to hit on Friday, it will hit a day early. There is a SMALL possibility that it may hit early, and clear up by Sunday.

It looks to be getting warmer mid-late next week, so it could possibly be beautiful weather by the weekend of the 15/16th, if it's not too late to re-schedule...

gotsand400
11-03-2003, 10:25 PM
I THINK YOURE RIGHT ONE WEEK TOO LONG. WE WILL BE GOING
TO FOREST HILL OR HOLISTER. AND WE ARE DOWN TO 3 GUYS.
I WLL LET YOU KNOW.

JD400exrider
11-04-2003, 12:52 AM
Hang in there gotsand. We are going to play it out a little. See how the weather is. Hollister is a thought for us. Foresthill may be good also. We have a great place up 50 that is real nice also. Keep in touch. We are sitting on six+ guys right now. My buddy road hollister this weekend and he said it was not to muddy. We are thinking pismo is a long drive for three days. six+ hours

JD400exrider
11-05-2003, 11:41 PM
PMed ya wilkin

We are heading out for sand mountain on thursday afternoon. We are going to try and get over the summit before the storm. There is about ten of us going. Look for a white suburban and a big warrior toy box trailer, A blue chevy duely with a smaller toy box and another chevy with a lumber rack and toy box trailer. We are planning on staying til sunday

wilkin250r
11-06-2003, 02:08 PM
If you see this in time (along with the PM I sent you) give me a license plate number, just to be absolutely sure. Also, give me a name to ask for. I'll feel really silly going into a camp asking for "JD400exrider"

Elduner
11-06-2003, 03:49 PM
where is sand mountain ??? we are heading out to Glamis this weekend.... its gonna be 4 of us.... NO WIFES!!!!!! hell yeah

wilkin250r
11-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Sand Mountain is pretty small compared to Glamis. It's about 2 hrs outside of Reno, Nevada. Coming from LA, I'd say it's not worth the drive when you could just as easily head to Glamis.

gotsand400
11-06-2003, 07:59 PM
HAVE FUN JD400. WE'RE HEADED TO HOLISTER FOR SOME
MUD RIDING. MAYBE NEXT TIME.

wilkin250r
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it out this last weekend. My trailer got stolen...

QuadJunkies
11-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Sorry I couldn't make it out this last weekend. My trailer got stolen... OMG>>>>>>:eek2: :eek: THATS TERRIBLE!!!!!! Them *******s.....:mad:

wilkin250r
11-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
OMG>>>>>>:eek2: :eek: THATS TERRIBLE!!!!!! Them *******s.....:mad:

Yeah, the whole situation is just kinda dumb.

We (my father and I) hired a painter to paint the inside of a rental property, the last guy just moved out, and we want to get it ready to rent out again. We figured we could leave him for the day to finish. No problems, there was nothing in the house to steal. The painter also had an assistant.

Next day, we found that a pile of 20 fenceposts, and a fence gate are missing, and whoever took them used OUR trailer to take them. (we could tell by the tire marks) But the trailer was still there, parked back in the original spot.

So, my father called the painter, and says "Hey, I don't care about the fenceposts, but I need the gate back!" The painter says he doesn't know anything about it.

The next day, we came back, and the TRAILER is missing too! We're pretty sure the painter or his assistant took it, but we can't prove anything.

JD400exrider
11-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Wilkin Sorry to hear that. Thats BS. Time to camp out around the painters house to see whats up with that.
The riding was great. It was my first time there and all I can say it was allot of fun. It took me a while to get used to it. That mountain is tall. The weather was good. Cold and windy at night and in the morning. No rain at all untill sunday morning. Full moon every night. We got down the mountain to sacramento with out having to chain up. Lifted the chain controlls about an hour before we got to the summit. That was cool. We will have to hook up next time.

wilkin250r
11-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Did you get around the entire mountian? There are lots of riding trails around the outlying hills, but I think the BLM is going to close alot of them down. Did you come across any BLM restrictions?

What did you think of Superbowl? That has to be my favorite aspect of that mountain...

Crowdog
12-03-2003, 07:16 PM
BLM has pretty much finished signing 1400 acres. Most of the trails are now closed. A few are left open.

More info:
http://www.sandmountain-nv.org/blm_routes_sand_mountain.htm

http://www.sandmountain-nv.org/images/BLM_Routes.JPG

The red area is closed except where lines are shown.

BLM was out over T-Day watching for people going into the closed area. They were taking pictures of violators. Their next recommendation is going to be to completely close the entire area shown in red (about 1400 acres).