PDA

View Full Version : 400ex maier

lilmxe#43
10-24-2003, 04:33 PM
any body got any pics of race front maier with a hood scoop on a 400ex? i would prefer silver with a black hood scoop, what im getting but any pics would be great, thanks

lilmxe#43
10-26-2003, 04:07 PM
come one, any pics will be great, thanks

Sporttrax400ex
10-27-2003, 09:19 PM
i think in the pics section on this site there is a red and black ex with k@k graphics and maier plastic with hood.if not just type in hood or meir plastic or something and there should be something come up.

zfire_28
10-31-2003, 01:20 AM
The "race" maeir plastic (without the headlight) is not the same shape as the plastic with a headlight (stock style). So a hood meant for stock style plastic will not fit on the Maeir "race"(without headlight) the shape is way too different.

You may be able to buy a hood meant for the "race style" though, but I don't think so.

zfire_28
10-31-2003, 01:21 AM
Ask Veddersbetter if you have any questions because we tried this with his quad and it didn't work.

taker
11-02-2003, 04:53 PM
right now I have a quad tech carbon fiber hood on my stock 400ex plastic....

so what you're saying is that I would have to buy the regular "stock" maier plastic and not the race cut so my hood would fit???

would I then just cut the headlights out and install my hood, then I can cut the fenders myself to make them race cut????

thanks...

zfire_28
11-04-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by taker
right now I have a quad tech carbon fiber hood on my stock 400ex plastic....

so what you're saying is that I would have to buy the regular "stock" maier plastic and not the race cut so my hood would fit???

would I then just cut the headlights out and install my hood, then I can cut the fenders myself to make them race cut????

thanks...
hope i helped:)

veddersbetter
11-19-2003, 03:20 AM
The plastic on the race cut is way different than the stock with headlight cutout. You would almost have to cut the racecut in half up the center in front to get that hood to fit. Im sure it can be done but it would require more work than stock style.

taker
11-19-2003, 08:38 AM
I have read all the posts about maier plastic -vs- fullbore -vs- oem and it has taken a while,(there are about 1000)...

what is the final verdict?????

I like the price of maier, but if fullbore is worth it then why not get fullbore.....

I really like OEM, but only red and yellow...

I am totally stumped here..I thought I knew what I wanted and now I am more confused than ever!!!

just looking for some more opinions I guess...

thanks...

veddersbetter
11-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Racecut Maier is great!! I love it...goes on directly and easily...no screwin around and it looks great. Fullbore IMHO is just overpriced...Ive seen it and it didnt thrill me greatly. Its pretty cool but I dont think its of any higher quality
Just my $.02

taker
11-20-2003, 05:09 AM
thanks......

veddersbetter
11-20-2003, 06:52 AM
I did forget to add...and I think Im with the majority when I say that stock plastic from a place like www.servicehonda.com is probably the best deal...its cheap and its of higher quality and better fit than any aftermarket...but......theres only red and yellow. I just thought Id make your decision a little harder :devil:

BamaRider
11-20-2003, 06:54 AM
So, is it the Naca Duct hood that will fit without cutting out the lights? I want a carbon fiber hood from quad tech, as well as other carbon fiber parts, but I don't want to get rid of my lights. Thanks for any help.

veddersbetter
11-21-2003, 04:33 AM
hmmm..I dont think there is a hood available that you dont have to cut out your lights.....not a bad idea though

BamaRider
11-21-2003, 07:30 AM
Just my luck.:( I do dig their air scoops & tank cover though. And there was some other little part for like $40.00, but I can't remember where it went on the bike. Is there any other web site that has carbon fiber parts for the 400? Thanks a lot for the help.:p Oh yea, lets sell this hood idea. Set it up Vedder, & we'll split it 50/50.:D j/k~thanks for the help bro.