PDA

View Full Version : 1st Trip to Glamis on T-giving....What should I expect..........

Breyon55
10-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Wow, been a long time since I posted here......but neway I'm heading to glamis for my first time on thanksgiving. I usually ride Pismo but I heard its a sand box compared to glamis. Whats the weather usually like down there this time of the year.............Anything else I should know?? Thanks guys...... If anyone from here is going and see's this truck............its ME.......

~Brian Only thing diff about the truck is it will have 49's on it
http://www.psicustoms.com/pictures/good_guys_march/good_guys_march27.jpg

4wheelboy
10-25-2003, 01:06 PM
expect crowds. nice truck:eek2:

10-25-2003, 03:49 PM
yo ill be out there shoot me a pm:cool:

me and a couple buds will be out there.:devil:

zephead400ex
10-26-2003, 11:42 AM
I like how the Ford is standing over the Chevy!:blah:

I have never been to Glamis...:(...but you outta get some paddles for your truck! haha!

Burl Swift
10-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Glamis on Thanksgiving is crazy. I've only been there once, in 94', but I saw enough to decide to go on the smaller weekends. Don't get me wrong, I had fun, it just got a little out of hand.

We were there for 4 days and I saw:

1. Lots of beautiful women
2. About 6 fights, 4 of which resulted in someone getting hurt pretty bad
3. Lots of dunk driving/riding
4. About 3 arrests
5. 2 Life Flights
6. And a partidge in a pear tree...

XANDADA
10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
lots of it :devil:

wilkin250r
10-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Burl Swift
5. 2 Life Flights

Wow, that surprises me! I was at Sand Mountain (which doesn't have NEARLY as many people) for four days over easter, and life flight came every day. I figure a big weekend at Glamis would have more than 2 flights...

SAND LUVR
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
if you read what he put he said in "94". I know for a fact there will be more fights you will see the lifeflight more often then twice.

wilkin250r
10-27-2003, 03:07 PM
That's true. I wasn't paying attention, I'm sure it is worse almost 10 years later...

JTRtrx250r
11-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Ive never been but a pal of mine has,he said the safest place to be was in the truck haha..even then had to worry about some drunk idiot smashing into the rigs ,ppl fighting,bottles flying,ppl swiping your stuff while trying to ride,no wonder it brings a negative look to the sport,even tho most of the problems were related to drinking,drunks in rails and a few thousand ppl,I'd still like to see the place...at least I'd kinda know what to expect:D have fun and be safe:cool:

400grl
11-02-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't think I'd take a nice truck like that to Glamis!!! If you get stuck in the sand watch out for people with matches!!!

If you are going to ride and experience the instanity, just watch out - crazies all over the place!!!

If you want to ride and be a little safer, I would suggest the south side of the dunes....Gordon's Well is much more normal......drag races every afternoon around 4:00....racing up Test Hill every night around 9:30 or 10:00......racing up Patton during the day.....you can always take the trip to Glamis to see what you are missing out on.....that's what we always do....then it's nice to come back to a little more mellow crowd!!! You can also get a beer and burger at Pair-o-Dice......

I wouldn't camp at Glamis if you paid me........ ;)

norrisboat
11-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Its not that bad anymore. My first year down there I saw the most insane and out of control place in my life. Its still pretty crazy just because there are thousands of people in one area but overall its pretty tame due to so many cops on quads, dirtbikes and even some sweet rails.

I didnt see any fights, bottles flying or crazy driving during halloween. I saw a couple wrecks but those were almost unavoidable.

Str8Wicked
11-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Hit us up when you get down there dogg.... we'll roll out the toys.....

http://www.lovecars.com/SEMA03/photos/sema03_0185.JPG

Breyon55
11-23-2003, 03:43 PM
that truck is my buddies..........its staying home because the lift isnt completed yet.oh well maybe next year...........Str8 how was SEMA this year? I heard it was pretty crazy..................

SAND LUVR
11-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Ernie I just went on glamis info and seen that your selling your anvy. WHY?:eek:

Str8Wicked
11-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Breyon55
that truck is my buddies..........its staying home because the lift isnt completed yet.oh well maybe next year...........Str8 how was SEMA this year? I heard it was pretty crazy..................

It was good.. I was in my booth most of the time so I really didn't get to see the show that much this year...

Ernie I just went on glamis info and seen that your selling your anvy. WHY?

SandLuvr I'm gonna build a new truck this year and maybe a chopper also so I need the money to start my new projects...

SAND LUVR
11-24-2003, 02:21 PM
oh I see. Well that is a nice truck. If I had the cash I would take it.
Good luck on your next projects. Are you heading down to glamis thanksgiving?

Breyon55
11-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Choppers rule!!!!

Str8Wicked
11-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by SAND LUVR
oh I see. Well that is a nice truck. If I had the cash I would take it.
Good luck on your next projects. Are you heading down to glamis thanksgiving?

I'll be out in Glamis for sure Thurs. night till Sunday...

If your out there and happen to see me stop by...

SAND LUVR
11-25-2003, 01:43 PM
I will be going out there friday. If I do see you I will stop buy an say whats up.

Str8Wicked
11-26-2003, 02:13 PM
If you need somewhere to camp we will have the location to our camp posted behind the Vendor Trailer that says Krazy Kevins off ghecko rd.

Should be my Avi, the lifted white Tacoma, and a black lifted Jeep in our camp among other rides....

SAND LUVR
11-26-2003, 02:17 PM
cool if I dont find my buds out there then I will stop by and toss my tent if its cool.

Str8Wicked
11-26-2003, 03:33 PM
no problem, let us know.....

hondaexryda
12-23-2003, 04:58 PM
i think dumont gets more flight for lifes, they got steeper hills and alot of razor backs, but this THANKSgiving the dunes were so beat uo, their was no razor backs, and not as many people then 02 thanksgiving