PDA

View Full Version : I hate Environmental people

SAND LUVR
10-24-2003, 11:53 AM
In the last 30 years, the amount of protected wilderness in the Golden State jumped from 2 million to 14 million acres, while off-roading (search), an activity in which drivers take their vehicles into areas where they can drive more adventurously, has become wildly popular there, leaving the remaining open space contested.

California's Imperial Sand Dunes (search), the largest mass of sand dunes in the state, are designated as a recreation area, but environmentalists consider the land a unique and fragile ecosystem that needs protection.

For years, green-thumbs have been chipping away at the popular spot for dirt bikes, dune buggies and jeeps. Now they're accusing off-roaders of destroying wildlife and plants.

"The milk vetch is endangered and the primary cause of its demise is off-road vehicles," said Karen Schambach of the Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (search).

The Pierson's milk vetch, which grows in the Mohave Desert near the Mexican border, has become the poster child for the battle. Another 26,000 acres were closed for the endangered desert tortoise, and what's left could be made off-limits to protect the habitat of the horned lizard and scarab beetle.

Scientists for the off-roaders declared the milk vetch not endangered, and the federal government followed suit, reopening 50,000 acres but limiting use of off-road vehicles in certain areas.

But last week, a federal judge intervened, keeping most of the dunes closed as peak off-roading season approaches.

"Everywhere you turn, public lands are being closed to the public," said Grant George of the American Sand Association.

Jackie
10-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Darn tree huggers! Wheres Arnie when ya need him. Maybe all the tree hugger will move now that their homes are going up in flames fast.:devil:

biohazard1.2
11-28-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
Darn tree huggers! Wheres Arnie when ya need him. Maybe all the tree hugger will move now that their homes are going up in flames fast.:devil:

yeah, it is kinda funny that they hug the tree right before they drop it to build their house in the middle of habitat.

tree huggers are the biggest hypocrits out there. Save the spotted owl...unless that is a tree I need to build my canyon house.

exrider3000
11-28-2003, 08:55 AM
heres another thing whats so bad about atvs. birt bikes can ride in state forestrets but we cant whats up with that??:confused:

GO HOME TREE HUGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4wheelboy
11-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by exrider3000
heres another thing whats so bad about atvs. birt bikes can ride in state forestrets but we cant whats up with that??:confused:

GO HOME TREE HUGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imagine living in nj:rolleyes:

pnut420
12-02-2003, 09:56 PM
We had some tree huggers talking **** to us at Pismo, California, they were calling us a bunch of animals and we are nothing but a circus act, then they started to sift through the sand and find beer bottles and start yelling see look at this, you animals are doing this, on and on. The worst part is we were stuck in the sand at the time and I didnt feel like talking **** back. So I just burned some trees and called it good...:blah:

Nausty
12-17-2003, 02:13 AM
lol, they have a point sometimes but I think they take it way to far. I can just see them when they are done protesting driving to a 500k home in a big suv w/ there nose held high thinking they are doing the envirement good.

dirtmomma
12-17-2003, 08:11 AM
HAHAHA IT'S funny you say this check these shirts I have for sale!! I have 4 right now 3,XL, & 1 L :D :D :D $25 shipped to your door!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p9836f84e57135a6d2ea61d311c8543fb/fafe2e43.jpg :blah:

wilkin250r
12-17-2003, 01:13 PM
The hypocrisy is amazing. More trees are killed each year to make disposable Starbucks coffee cups than our ATV's will ever kill. But that doesn't stop them from ordering their latte every morning, does it?