PDA

View Full Version : shock covers

dirtmomma
10-24-2003, 08:38 AM
OK well I've decided to start making shock covers, I made some for my 300ex & the hubby's 400ex yesterday & they turned out really nice. They are made out of foamy/neoprene material. They use it for headliners in cars too. I only have black right now, Iam going today to see about some nylon material to make a couple different types. I thought $15 for a pair of fronts & $25 for a set of 3. Let me know what you tink. Also I may be able to personalize them for you if it's not too fancy(it will be extra then) my sister owns an embroidery business so I thought it would be cool to have her put either our racing name or personal name on them. Here's some pics of them.....these are for a 300ex

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p90892722771cd1a043c1fd7886e708f1/fabf7130.jpg

This is a 400ex front shock w/ cover on.....http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p7b9bfec86ab9d57d59318881062ee15d/fabf712c.jpg

I will have tosay they look better in person, I turned them a little so you could see the closure.
I will be working on a rear one today & will post a pic once I'm done:D

ATVride
10-24-2003, 11:10 PM
would they fit stock banshee shocks ?:confused: and is that 25 shiped?

EX4me
10-25-2003, 04:06 AM
Looking good dirtmomma, wish you lot's of luck getting started with those. here's a free bump:D

dirtmomma
10-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by ATVride
would they fit stock banshee shocks ?:confused: and is that 25 shiped?

I'm sure they would but to be safe you could measure your shock from eye to eye that would help me out too cuz then I can get an idea how tall different shocks are:cool: YES that is $25 shipped (it shouldn't cost but a couple bucks to ship them) I hope anyway. If you interested go ahead & email me @ sandvig4@juno.com w/ your shock measurements :D

Thanks EX4me:D trying what I can to help defer the costs of racing:) it's either I go to work :blah: or start up some kind of $4 making business , we are alos thinking of making up rear lowering brackets also sometime.

Chanman420q
10-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Hey could u make me some Shock covers that are black with the word CHANMAN going down it? with like big blocky letters? that are red? :cool: PM me a price

dirtmomma
10-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah Chanman I can do that, I'll have to talk to my sister & see what she wants for the embroidery. I was going to put my name on mine w/ just iron on letters but I can't fit "Dirtmomma" on em :( I'll have to have her do mine too. I will let you know in a couple days OK.
thanks Kym

10-26-2003, 11:07 AM
i want some....i need 2 blacks for the front that say in yellow "400ex" going down...can you give me a total with shipping...? i can pay with paypal...u bought my old front shocks from me didnt you? :p

JOEX
10-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Looks good Kym:) Can you give some estimates on the embroidery? Maybe how much per letter/character....
I suppose size of the letters will matter too..

Joe

dirtmomma
10-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah sorry Chanman & crazykid I forgot to put the embroidery price in your pm's!!
It's going to be $7.00 per set for personalization. I thought that was fair hope you guys do too!!

I'm giong to look at sewing machines tomarrow, shouldl be bringing one home knowing me(shopaholic:rolleyes: ) I may even be able to have a embroidery machine on hand within the next couple weeks:D thye will go much faster then & I'm looking into different colors maybe. I put the black ones on mine & it looks really good:D

JOEX
10-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Hook me up with a pair of fronts!
JOEX in caps top to bottom:)

Joe

steveatv3
10-27-2003, 04:04 AM
you have me sold only if they have velcro so i can take them off and wash them

dirtmomma
10-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by steveatv3
you have me sold only if they have velcro so i can take them off and wash them

YEP you betcha!! Did you want fronts or fronts & rear?? Yes they do velcro & I bet they will wash up nice in the washing machine!! I was going to test mine in the washer but didnt' go riding to get them dirty. Let me know if you want plain black or embroidery on them OK. if they are just plain then they should be ready for ship as soon as I get payment I take MO or I have a PayPal acct. I think the address for that is sandvig4@juno.com
Thanks, Kym

JOEX:
No problem I'll put you on the list:D

dirtmomma
10-27-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Hook me up with a pair of fronts!
JOEX in caps top to bottom:)

Joe

DID you want the letters in yellow??

dirtmomma
10-30-2003, 09:19 AM
Ok everyone I'm updating this. Iam now making these out of nylon too, I found the material I was looking for finally. I have a list of colors too, red,yellow,blue,green, & I'll have more soon!! I can still embroider on these for a small fee. These will dry & wash up nicer than the other ones I think but I can make whatever ones you would want!! I'll try to post a pic of the nylon ones today!!

10-30-2003, 10:18 AM
I want a pair for the front in yellow w/ black letters going down saying "400ex" ;) let me get the total & ill pay you through paypal!

dirtmomma
10-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
I want a pair for the front in yellow w/ black letters going down saying "400ex" ;) let me get the total & ill pay you through paypal!

Well why don't you let me make a pair of yellow ones 1st before you send any $$ cuz I think the material I got may be too thin:rolleyes: :confused: so I want to see what they look like 1st. I thinkthe shocks are going to show through though. I'll let ya know I'm gonna work on them today "K":)

dbsbl1
10-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Could you send me some of the black neoprene covers for stock 400EX shocks? I'll send payment via paypal once you reply to this.

edit: I just need the fronts:D

10-30-2003, 09:53 PM
okay...no problem.. ;) dirtmomma