PDA

View Full Version : 2004 District 5 classes

RIDER11X
10-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Did anyone hear if they are still going with the A-B-C-D classes again, or something else? I've heard rumors of them going back to the displacement classes again for next year and want to know what everyone else heard.:cool:

RIDER11X
10-24-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Did anyone hear if they are still going with the A-B-C-D classes again, or something else? I've heard rumors of them going back to the displacement classes again for next year and want to know what everyone else heard.:cool:

Bump

redroost85
10-24-2003, 09:24 PM
I think displacement is the way to go. I used to run D-5 when I lived down there way back when. Now I live up in NW PA and run the CRA region and we definitely need to go to displacement rules. This 'ability' thing has gotten out of hand. In the Woodsman class (essentially beginners who don't/can't race in the four-stroke class) have some seriously pimped out rides. They are doing most if not all the jumps as well. Beginner? My ***! Guys with 300EX's are running against Craptor's, 450's, and whatever else these guys can slap together.

I know that ability plays a large role, but it is quite a daunting task to even beat subpar riders with $10,000 quads.

JMO here guys.:(

RIDER11X
10-24-2003, 10:41 PM
You have a valid point there, as much as I like the Ability classes, some people are sandbagging to get an easy trophy. Myself, if I am gonna set out a trophy on my mantle, it must say no less than C class for me to have pride in it.
To eliminate this, they need to say that if you place 1st 3 times, you must bump up and carry half of your points with the exception of A class, or something like that. I see riders double jump all day at ride spots, and enter a local MX race in D class with no doubling allowed! Get real!:cuss:
And, the elimination of the displacement classes pretty much eliminated the 300ex's and Blaster's competitiveness for people with big $$$$ in these race machines.:( How can they compete with a 2004 YFZ or 450r?

redroost85
10-25-2003, 08:55 AM
11x, I totally agree with you. Now teching the machines could present some problems. If some guys try to mask over what their machine is, you might have to look to find a stock filter and pipe to determine this. I don't know if they want to rip into the engine to tech, but I don't know how one may go about doing this.

Up here in CRA land, there actually is a 'Blaster' class. No ablility level, just 'got Blaster?' then this is your class, lol! I have only seen 300ex's in what is know as Junior Woodsman class. You have to be under 15 years old I believe. Actually, if you can believe it, the hot shoe in that class is riding a pimped out '91 250x, lol! But then again, they also allow you to run 250r's in that class.

You have made some good points and I believe the schiz is gonna hit the fan sooner or later. People are gonna say enough is enough already! Sandbagging is for puss***, and it makes that rider look like a wuss!:grr:

RIDER11X
10-25-2003, 09:47 AM
when I raced the 1999 season, we had 2 and 4 strke classes only, with Blasters running the 4 stroke class to help them out. I was a first year racer with A class riders flying over my head. This made for a VERY scary race for novices and became even worse when I progressed and started seeking more air also, as beginners not experienced in racing would change lines on doubles while I was airborn and committed to a line.:eek2: I got landed on twice that year and have since retired myself from MX racing due to that fact, and stick to the woods with any racing I do now.
Racers will and do get tired of building machines to be competitive in a class to be at a disatvantage the following year with class changes. Displacement classes should be just that and not limited by age, after all who cares if you are 15 or 35? The best route to take is to have this with a structured number plate color system to enable 2-3 classes to run that same race that are similar in speed when attendance is lower at a track, so that everyone is easily indentifiable in any given class like GNCC racing. Tech inspections would be a big hassle for many promotors and would end up keeping us out of some tracks due to the fact, so as long as the original type frame and cases are used they should let it run.( Like Pro Production)
JMO:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
10-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
You have a valid point there, as much as I like the Ability classes, some people are sandbagging to get an easy trophy. Myself, if I am gonna set out a trophy on my mantle, it must say no less than C class for me to have pride in it.
To eliminate this, they need to say that if you place 1st 3 times, you must bump up and carry half of your points with the exception of A class, or something like that. I see riders double jump all day at ride spots, and enter a local MX race in D class with no doubling allowed! Get real!:cuss:
And, the elimination of the displacement classes pretty much eliminated the 300ex's and Blaster's competitiveness for people with big $$$$ in these race machines.:( How can they compete with a 2004 YFZ or 450r?

Hey! I've never raced in "D" class!! :macho Maybe next year it's time for me to move to vet class? :eek: I'm tired of wondering if the kids I race against could possibly be mine! Senior is just around the corner... :eek2:

I agree with going to displacement, and your assessment that some riders sandbag just to assure a win.

RIDER11X
11-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Bump to the top!:cool:

Tommy 17
11-18-2003, 08:07 PM
i havne't heard anything yet...

look for me in C this year i hope... if i get the long travel i'll probably go to B