PDA

View Full Version : wheelies for too long

speedy400
10-23-2003, 11:37 AM
hey, the other day I was wheelieing with my friend for about an hour. Well I checked the oil and it was really high while it was all level. So we just road home and I check the oil and it was normal. Isn't this hard on the motor?Thanks-darren

44oEX
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
It sould'nt be to bad because the oil is not in the motor and you have an oil pump.

When you do a wheelie your motor just levels out ( the cylinder is straight up ) so all the oil sould still go where it's seposed to go.

But I don't know, if any body has a diffrente opinion lets hear it

darrell43031
10-23-2003, 01:48 PM
i hate to disagree but it bad when you do it for a long time . wheelie after wheelie. when your front end comes up all the oil in the motor gets pushed to the back. therefore the oil pump can't gab it and push it up to the cylinder. but the only way you could ruin your motor is if you would do a wheelie and as soon as the front wheels touch crack into another one or ride one for a rediculos(sp.?) amount of time. just doing normal wheelies really isn't going to hurt nothing. as long as you kinda stay on all fours for a little while in between wheelies. i could be wrong but i think i'm right let me know if i'm not

airheadedduner
10-23-2003, 10:48 PM
The EX uses a dry sump system so I don't think it hurts it.

44oEX
10-24-2003, 05:22 AM
What are you taking about

i hate to disagree but it bad when you do it for a long time . wheelie after wheelie. when your front end comes up all the oil in the motor gets pushed to the back. therefore the oil pump can't gab it and push it up to the cylinder

the oil in the oil pump comes from the oil tank not from the motor
so it will always grab oil, it will then send the oil to the head and then back to the tank.

stupid driver
10-24-2003, 06:04 AM
this is why it has an oil pump, well not really for wheelys, but so that it wouldnt drain of oil when tilted, it will always have a good supply of oil. It wont hurt ya.

2003EXRIDER
10-24-2003, 08:49 AM
i hope it dosen't hurt:D :cool:

darrell43031
10-27-2003, 04:09 PM
my fault i forgot what bike i was talking about. you are right due to the fact that a 400 has an oil tank. i'm use to talking about 300 and 250x's. i guess i was just trying to give advise on a bike i don't know like the back of my hand. so you can take me out back and shot me now:) :D