PDA

View Full Version : Fcr Install??

Waynes400ex
10-23-2003, 10:14 AM
I recently installed a fcr on my 400ex and it touchs the tank. When the plastic are bolted on there is a gap between the seat and the plastic that is about 1/4 inch bigger than it used to be. Does anyone know how to solve the problems? Is there a way to make it not hit the tank?

Doibugu2
10-23-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure people were putting washers in to raise the tank up a bit. I'm sure someone will come along and confirm this.

UglyMotha™
10-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Waynes400ex
Does anyone know how to solve the problems? Is there a way to make it not hit the tank?

a hammer would solve your problem :eek2:

seriously tho i dunno i remember the washer bit but i thought they were just doin that with the fcr 40's

426exMx
10-23-2003, 10:44 AM
i put a 39mm fcr carb on mine and only thing i had to do is cut the plastic shield between the motor and tank to allow the carb and cable to fit right. did yours come with the install kit? i think its supposed to have one, its been awhile since i put it on.

Waynes400ex
10-23-2003, 11:19 AM
I bought mine used. It has a sudco adapter on I think the intake motor intake side. I had no problem with the throttle cable routing. Should I of? Anyways where would the washers go , on the two 10mm by the steering stem mount? I just dont think it is good for the tank to sit on the carb? I dont want to land on the tank and mess things up.

426exMx
10-23-2003, 11:38 AM
my carb came with spacer that screwed into the carb and slid into the factory boot on the intake. it might be cheap enough to buy one from one from a dealer.

JD400exrider
10-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Very Simple When you remove the tank there will be two rubber bushings what the tank sits down on to. Take a thin piece of rubber 1/4" thick or so. Stick a piece under each side on top of the rubber bushings. Strap her back down and your done This is not on the side the tank bolts in near the stem. It is towards the back of the tank near the carb. ;)

Good Luck

Waynes400ex
10-23-2003, 03:34 PM
The carb fits fine on both boots. So if i put the rub pieces near the back, I still have a gap between the seat and tank right? Is there anyway to get rid of both of these problems? Thanks for the info