PDA

View Full Version : hold out for a-arms?

redrunner
10-23-2003, 08:23 AM
I do heavy trail riding( like Hatfield McCoy) so I want a responsive set up. Should I upgrade shocks now or hold out for +2 arms. I have not ridden anything widened. How much does this affect steering abilty on tight trails? If I just do fronts and not the rear shock will this work ok until I replace the rear?

2003 300EX
HMF SLIP ON
JETTED
K&N
22"RZS REAR
(WORK'N ON BUILD'N IT.)

4TraxRider
10-23-2003, 11:16 AM
If you ride tight trails, +2 arms mightnot be the best choice. Stock arms with ZPS or +1's would work better for trails. And if you get the ZPS style fronts, you should do the rear shock as well to make it balanced again.

redrunner
10-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Sorry, ZPS? meaning. I found a set of newer Works double rate set up for 150 to 195(195 me) what do you think about the stock arms with them?
What about swing arm length for climbing?

thanks

4TraxRider
10-24-2003, 10:10 AM
ZPS is a type of suspension that loweres teh quad without taking away suspension travel. If you found a set of Works set up for stock arms and they are in your weight range, get them. Your swing-arm should be fine for the most part unless you do a lot of hill climbing. Most swing arms come in 1 1/4 inch longer than stock, which heps keep the front end planted more. And if you get a longer swing arm, you'll probably have to get your shock re-valved/sprung for the added leverage.

10-24-2003, 01:46 PM
the new rims i got added a inch onboth sides (offset of +2+3) they are real cool!

redrunner
10-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Yea that sounds like the best way for me to go, Works for std arm and some offsets +2+4.
Just to get the most out of this set up what about a stabilizer or is that mostly for mx?