PDA

View Full Version : Radio Kills Good Tunes!!!

Dan_Guetter
10-23-2003, 02:54 AM
im listening to KROC down here in SoCal

i listen to it every day, they play pennywise to social distortion to old school beastie boys......and they play and play the same line up every day

There killing good tunes down here:(

anyone else hate radio?

oohh disconnect by face to face is playing.....(good tune) sorry im bored, its 2am

blondie69
10-23-2003, 05:15 AM
All summer at work...the chicks I worked with FORCED everyone else to listen to C100 (Pop, Hip-Pop, Punk-Pop) stuff like that...pretty much ALL pop. And the repeated the same songs eeeevery day(there was a couple okay songs..but usually if they didn't like the song, they would turn it down...and the songs everyone else thought were okay...they didn't like...). The chicks wouldn't let us listen to Q104 (Alternative, some metal, oldies stuff like that) and when someone did, they would bytch them out. I was like dying by the last few days. I hate the radio now...except for Q104...all our other stations are over played:rolleyes:

Texan32
10-23-2003, 08:07 AM
just don't blame the DJ's. Its not their fault. Its the station director and the analysts' that push numbers. The "big wigs" look at rating of all the songs out there. From that, they make up a list of certain songs that MUST be played X amount of times each day. Th DJ's are required to go by these pre-made playlists. Its just like traffic reports and "news breaks" on television.

Yes, radio stations DO kill songs, not DJ's. Thats why durring "request hour(s)" you usually get a better mix of music.

batgeek
10-23-2003, 09:23 AM
well, I know you can't work in fast food all your life
but don't sign that paper tonight, she said,
but its too late.
i don't remeber what i read, i don't remember what they said, i guess it doesn't matter,
i guess it doesn't matter
anymore - you're gonna go to the record store
you're gonna give 'em all your money
radio plays what they want you to hear
they tell me it's cool but i just don't believe it...

sell out, with me oh yea, sell out, with me tonight
record company's gonna give me lots of money and
everything's gonna be. (alright)

no more flippin' burgers puttin' on my silly hat you know
i don't want that no more, i didn't ask when we'd
get paid, i quit my day job anyway, i guess it
doesn't matter, i guess it doesn't matter anymore
you're gonna go to the record store
you're gonna give 'em all your money
radio plays what they want you to hear
they tell me it's cool but i just don't believe it

sell out, with me oh yea, sell out, with me tonight
record company's gonna give me lots of money and
everything's gonna be.

i don't think it'll be so bad
i know it won't be so bad
cause the man said "that's the way it is" and the
man said "it don't get better than this" no no no

so i signed on to the record company,
they say they're
gonna give me lots of money
if i play what they want you to hear
they tell me it's cool,
and i sure believe it

mxdave28
10-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Yea shift radio around here sucks arse as well....it seems like its the same crap over and over every hour the same dang stuff.....heck when that damm hanson song Hmm Bop was big every friggin time we got into the ambulance to head out for another run that damm song was playing!!!! it was torture! this one time we left the er it was playing so we changed the channel it was on that so we changed again and there it was!!! AAAAGAHHHHHHHHH!!!! it was everywhere:mad: :mad: we finallly turned the damm radio off

spincr4hire
10-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Try KNAC on the net, some new hardcore and old school metal

http://www.knac.com

Radio does sukk, especially in Kentucky and any other bible-belt state.

Motoman440
10-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Try KNAC on the net, some new hardcore and old school metal

http://www.knac.com

Radio does sukk, especially in Kentucky and any other bible-belt state.

Bought Sevendust "Seasons" based on your recommendation and your right, its good stuff!!!! Got anymore recommendations???

300EXrider02
10-23-2003, 01:36 PM
tell me about it, I hate the radio, everytime I listen to it i get angry, I only like one station and that is old classic rock (led zeppelin, the doors, hendrix, boston etc)

zephead400ex
10-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
tell me about it, I hate the radio, everytime I listen to it i get angry, I only like one station and that is old classic rock (led zeppelin, the doors, hendrix, boston etc)

Right on man, Zeppelin kicks everyones ***:devil:! Radio beats a good song to death, that is why I only listen to Lou Brutis on Sunday nights! Lou kicks ***! Everynight at 10pm, KICT95 has Mandatory Metallica which is sometimes ok, but hell, radio plays Metallica to death too!

When I am at work, I listen to MusicMatch all day long. I dont subscribe but can play all kinds of bands, A Perfect Circle, The Agony Scene, Deftones, Tool, Zep, Doors, etc...pretty sweet though!

peace

flyin#5
10-23-2003, 02:48 PM
93x rocks but they are the same thing. play the good songs till they die. oh well if i buy a cd i usually do the same thing anyways.

quadfamily
10-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Does anybody have XM?

toby400ex
10-23-2003, 06:04 PM
I cant stand the radio anymore, way too many commercials, and the music is either 80's bands or mtv on the radio:(