PDA

View Full Version : Buddies Predator

markeg192
10-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Guys I've been riding my Bud's Predator some and really like that thing!! All around it is as good of a quad as I've ridden. Is anyone having problems with them ? Are they reliable?

Braff1
10-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Other than the stock gearing is too high and the tires are not the best. it is a good quad. I have been racing mine xc and the only problem is the right lower ball joint went bad. There have been some reports of the top frame mount breaking just in front of the top motor mount. If you are looking to buy new then wait for the 04. The 04 they fixed the top motor mount by welding the bracket in instead of bolting it in which weakened the top frame rail. New supplier for ball joints, beefed up. 4/110 honda rear bolt pattern on 9 inch rims instead of the 4/156 10 inch rims.

Overall I am happy with my Predator. The power is awsome after adding either a 13t front sprocket or a 38 or 39 rear. Handling is smooth and sweet with the adjustable compression at the twist of a knob on the rear. I am looking into getting rezzies for the front soon. I put some Holeshot xcr-03 on the rear that really hook up good. I have also heard the maxxis razor 2 are a good set up but I haven't run them myself. Jumping the predator is comparible to my 400 ex with works trs just softer landing. Add aftermarket pipe (I got a HMF) and it will be all you need.

Any questions let me know..

markeg192
10-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Yeah my Buddies has a HMF slipon and it helped quite a bit. The stock gearing seemed pretty good though. The more I ride it the more I think about buying one. Like you say the power and handling is really great for a stock quad and good period.

RED121572
10-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Ive owned mine for almost a year now. The more I ride it, the more I hate it. Its noisy, tranny is notchy, the seat makes your butt slide forward...its a bit heavy for me to throw around. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt have bought it. Instead, I shouldve put about 3 grand in suspension work to my Honda. :D

RED.