PDA

View Full Version : stock vs aftermarket plastic?

brandonpeake
10-22-2003, 01:47 PM
okay ive never had a quad with aftermarket plastic,
ive got a friend with fullbore on his raptor and nother one with maier on his 400ex
and both say the aftermarket is more scratch resistant than stock? the raptor plastic (fullbore) is white and after 6months of harescrambles it still looks great
so does anyone else know?
i like the fit and style of the stock ,over fullbore but if it will look better for twice a slong im down for it
thanks ,i need some replacement plastic soon
brandon

nacs400ex
10-22-2003, 04:29 PM
If you want stock colours go for the stock plastic because they fit better. But if you want a different colour go for maier.

slosh13
10-22-2003, 04:32 PM
If you want stock colours go for the stock plastic because they fit better. But if you want a different colour go for maier.

hes right cant go wrong with the new maier thats all glossy. Its a lot better than paying $500 for Fullbore. BUt dont get me wrong if i had the $$$ id get some fullbore;)

Greg Z
10-22-2003, 08:47 PM
when u get maier prepair to pull out the drill

the holees are off by like a half a inch its terribel

10-23-2003, 05:21 AM
get the race cut so you wont have to drill ;)

brandonpeake
10-23-2003, 10:21 AM
im more interested in scratch resistance?
is full bore a higher quality than stock as far as not getting scratched up so quick?
also how much dop new stock replacements cost

nacs400ex
10-23-2003, 04:32 PM
I have always thought Fullbore was softer, so that makes it scratch easier. Maier is the same as stock. I wouldnt get fullbore unless I had a hole in my pocket.

My maier is not race cut, and it fits perfectly fine.