PDA

View Full Version : How can tell when I need new bearings?

exrider123
10-22-2003, 01:08 PM
How can tell or whats a sighn that I need new bearings?

slosh13
10-22-2003, 01:17 PM
On my swingarm, I could move my whole rear end up and down(tires,axle,etc.) about half an inch. If there is some freeplay you notice that shouldnt be there then your bearings will be nearing the end. I noticed this in my quad. My rear end had been moving freely and it got me thinking. I took my axle out and checked my bearings and they were shot. So i had to get new bearings. BUT thats not the worst part. I had to get a new bearing carrier due to the fact that my bearings and seals were gaulded (melted) in there. So i just went to a local cycle shop and got a LSR one for $160. Hopefully you dont have to go through what i did. Also check if all your bolts/nuts are tight. That might be misleading with your bearing theory.

exrider123
10-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks slosh, could a good sighn that I need new bearings be that it seems like it is not rolling right like it seems like it is harder to push my quad?

Duncanracer
10-22-2003, 02:40 PM
no that just means you havent been working out enough lol j/k...
that could be a number of things actualy...None of which i know about..

slosh13
10-22-2003, 04:20 PM
no that just means you havent been working out enough :muscle:

thats what i was gonna tell you lol

exrider123
10-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
no that just means you havent been working out enough lol j/k...
that could be a number of things actualy...None of which i know about..

Originally posted by slosh13
:muscle:

thats what i was gonna tell you lol

figured when I put that someone would say something.

Greg Z
10-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Lube your carrier up take it out and put a **** load of lithum grease on it the GREASE not spray ;)

If not go with a Rad taperd bearing carrier in my opinion there AWSOME pure billet! and they last a lot longer then stock carrier my stock carrier bearing broke and got stuuck to my sprocket hub it was weak man I didnt notice it for a while then wehn i did it took like 5 seconds to put evertyhing on

exrider123
10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
Lube your carrier up take it out and put a **** load of lithum grease on it the GREASE not spray ;)

If not go with a Rad taperd bearing carrier in my opinion there AWSOME pure billet! and they last a lot longer then stock carrier my stock carrier bearing broke and got stuuck to my sprocket hub it was weak man I didnt notice it for a while then wehn i did it took like 5 seconds to put evertyhing on

Thanks for the help greg do you know how much the red taperd carriers run for and where I can pick one up?

Also does anybody have any experience with the burgard carriers I might pick one of those up because of the sale and all http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74733