PDA

View Full Version : Clutch replacement.......

k2-dawg
10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm gonna put a new clutch in my 400ex this winter..... I was wondering if I should stick to the OEM or go with an aftermarket one. Will you guys please help me decide which route I should take and about how much would it cost? Also, is it a DIY kinda job? Thanks.

slosh13
10-22-2003, 01:07 PM
If you plan on doing it yourself, I recommend getting a manual if you dont already have one. Its a real must product unless you are real engine literate. What type of riding do you normally do? If your into racing i would look into an aftermarket clutch. If your not, an OEM will fit also. Hinson has a very-well designed aftermarket clutch out on the market and i was also reading in the new ATV SPORT where they have an automatic clutch out. This clutch lets your quad/dirtbike run like a bike without a clutch. It will sit and idle in first gear or any other gear for that matter and you may give it gas and it will accerlate. Its a real great product. But the downside to that is that it costs about a GRAND:eek2: :eek2:. It all depends on how much $$ your looking to spend. As the saying goes..."speed costs money" Hope this gives you some direction on where you want to go with.:)

10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I just installed a Hinson basket and sparks 8 plate clutch kit w/ heavier springs in mine. Cost is around $350 i guess. Process was pretty dam easy i think, and worth every penny I think. No slipage and the mofo pulls better too..:macho