PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not welcomed at your local MX track?

Bretmd94
10-22-2003, 12:42 PM
I have been going to the local MX track with a friend of mine, and Quads arent exactly welcome. Infact we get hated on hardcore. Its like full on racism against quads. I got roosted while resting at my truck by a 13 year old kid. (very lucky he didnt come back for seconds)

I was being very cutious on the track. If anyone came up behind me i pulled over and let them by. I was clearing one of the 3 doubles which is one more than half the dirbike riders there. I even own a friggin dirtbike, but would rather race my quad. Maybe it is jsut the west coast. Not much quad racing here. No respect at all. :mad:

Natertot426ex
10-22-2003, 01:09 PM
We have people here that just hate us out on the track. I try to be curtious and stay out of there way and they still yell. I look at it this way them trying to get around us is no worse than trying to get around a nother bike when you are racing. If I had the money and the place I would love to open a quad only track.

trx400ex
10-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Funny thing is it is usually the dirtbikes in MY way. Hehe just hope they move out of the way, cause im not:devil: . I actually have a bike too, but at every track i go to the top quads are as fast as the top bikes and can jump the same jumps.

hondafox440
10-22-2003, 01:22 PM
I was racing this weekend (dirtbikes), and I got a chance to talk to the track owner. I asked him about racing quads on the track (currently the local circuit runs a few races a year there), and he absolutely hates the quads. He said last time they came he almost told them not to come back. He was saying how the back tires on a quad act like 2 big shovels in turns and how much dirt he has to bring in afterwards and how much work he has to do to the track after a quad race. He also mentioned the mentality of quad riders, how they go WFO 8 wide into turns that should be taken 2 or 3 wide. People are off the track in the bushes but they won't let off for a second. Plus, he was talking about the physical fitness of the quad riders and how 95% of them are fat and don't have the upper body strength required to handle a quad at those speeds. He said that most quad riders get extremely cocky since they have 4 wheels, and they don't think they have to be in as good as shape as dirtbikers, which is false. They need to be in better shape, since quads have the lateral (side to side) movement due to the 4 wheels. He also said the pits are left in crappy condition after quad races, and he always has to yell at idiots trying to show off doing wheelies in the pits.

trx400ex
10-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
I was racing this weekend (dirtbikes), and I got a chance to talk to the track owner. I asked him about racing quads on the track (currently the local circuit runs a few races a year there), and he absolutely hates the quads. He said last time they came he almost told them not to come back. He was saying how the back tires on a quad act like 2 big shovels in turns and how much dirt he has to bring in afterwards and how much work he has to do to the track after a quad race. He also mentioned the mentality of quad riders, how they go WFO 8 wide into turns that should be taken 2 or 3 wide. People are off the track in the bushes but they won't let off for a second. Plus, he was talking about the physical fitness of the quad riders and how 95% of them are fat and don't have the upper body strength required to handle a quad at those speeds. He said that most quad riders get extremely cocky since they have 4 wheels, and they don't think they have to be in as good as shape as dirtbikers, which is false. They need to be in better shape, since quads have the lateral (side to side) movement due to the 4 wheels. He also said the pits are left in crappy condition after quad races, and he always has to yell at idiots trying to show off doing wheelies in the pits.

Did you tell him to cry a river and get back to watering the track?

Natertot426ex
10-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Shoot if anythingI think the bikes do much more damage to the track than the quads do. You can tell by the holes and stuff that they are caused by bikes. Also if they don't want the wheelies in the pits let everyone know that it is not allowed and if they are caught dong it they are kicked out. Just lay some basic rules. The bike guys just don't want to share is the big problem I think!!

hondafox440
10-22-2003, 01:30 PM
trx400ex - That just proves my point about mentality.

And this guy definitely knows what he is talking about. He raced quads for 4 years, and bikes for much longer. He built this track in 1994 and has owned it since then. And the quads do move more earth than the bikes, so it is more work to get the track back into shape. Also, there are rules in place. The racers just choose not to listen to them.

k2-dawg
10-22-2003, 01:36 PM
MX tracks around here consider quads "zambonis"..... track cleaners for the dirtbikes. No respect, none.:cuss:

ScooterX
10-22-2003, 01:54 PM
It's not that we don't want to share, the biggest complaint amongst bike racers is the fact that the quads flatten all the ruts, and make the corners slick. I personally don't care cause the harder the track is, the better I get.

The reason track owners hate them most of the time is because quads throw all the good dirt out of the corners. Bikes don't mess up the corners that bad because all they have to do is drag over the ruts to get rid of them and they till and drag the whole track anyways. Also, ruts form when people are railing the corners instead of powersliding like quads do, and when you rail a corner, you don't throw out as much dirt.

neece0330
10-22-2003, 02:32 PM
At the local track that I go to they have organized practices... the quads are more than welcome there... they do runs like it is a race but only about 5-6 rounds at a time and usually you get a good 4 sets in a night... it is a blast and no one is turned away

300_14_racer
10-22-2003, 02:34 PM
i donno it seems like around here quads have some respect at our track they have alot of quads and dirbike races noone seems to complain. and i guess noone really gets mad at eachother. it seems to work out kinda nice around here. but i guess we just got lucky

flyin#5
10-22-2003, 03:18 PM
i think around here quads get the respect they deserve. some bike riders are just a-holes and have no respect but what are you going to do? we ride with bikes sometimes and there fine with us and we are cool with them. but if the bikers mess with us.... they mess with banshee roost:devil: :eek2:

10-22-2003, 05:19 PM
at here were even.....bikes let quads go by if there faster...quads like bikes go by if there faster....we all get along prety good here

nuclearkielbasa
10-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Quads don't get respect ANYWHERE! To most promoters and the bike community as a whole, we're nothing more than tools to clean the mud off the track when its too wet.

trx400ex
10-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
trx400ex - That just proves my point about mentality.

And this guy definitely knows what he is talking about. He raced quads for 4 years, and bikes for much longer. He built this track in 1994 and has owned it since then. And the quads do move more earth than the bikes, so it is more work to get the track back into shape. Also, there are rules in place. The racers just choose not to listen to them.

It doesnt really prove your point about mentality, I ride a CR250. Also, why do you hate quads? I know plenty of tracks that can deal with it. This guy just SUCKS at moving dirt. Tell him to hire someone that knows what there doing.

And check the dirt bike guys versus the quad guys, more dirtbikers usually have tattos piercings and purple hair than do quads. Not saying that is bad but in general dirtbikers are more crazy and follow less rules than quaders...atleast at every race ive been to that is how its came down.

Im not saying NO DIRTBIKES im saying LET EVERYTHING RACE. If you cant deal with the 2 foot berms quads make its time to sell the track and get a job at walmart.

Narly R
10-22-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
I have been going to the local MX track with a friend of mine, and Quads arent exactly welcome. Infact we get hated on hardcore. Its like full on racism against quads. I got roosted while resting at my truck by a 13 year old kid. (very lucky he didnt come back for seconds)

I was being very cutious on the track. If anyone came up behind me i pulled over and let them by. I was clearing one of the 3 doubles which is one more than half the dirbike riders there. I even own a friggin dirtbike, but would rather race my quad. Maybe it is jsut the west coast. Not much quad racing here. No respect at all. :mad:

HEY! is that the Rouge Valley Motor Cross Track? Better not be caus ethey do race quads there, and the owner said that some time in October they are going to have a huge atv race, like an hole weekend of just atv's. MAN! I hate this! If that ever happends to me Ill be pissed, and if they disrespect me, i will disrespect them!:mad:

shure there are some quad riders out there that are idiots, and there are also db riders out there that are idiots too! We need to ear our respect. What track was this at bretmb94? :mad:

hondafox440
10-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
It doesnt really prove your point about mentality, I ride a CR250. Also, why do you hate quads? I know plenty of tracks that can deal with it. This guy just SUCKS at moving dirt. Tell him to hire someone that knows what there doing.

And check the dirt bike guys versus the quad guys, more dirtbikers usually have tattos piercings and purple hair than do quads. Not saying that is bad but in general dirtbikers are more crazy and follow less rules than quaders...atleast at every race ive been to that is how its came down.

Im not saying NO DIRTBIKES im saying LET EVERYTHING RACE. If you cant deal with the 2 foot berms quads make its time to sell the track and get a job at walmart.

Who said I hate quads? I was simply restating what the track owner said to me. I have raced both quads and bikes and the quads definitely do ruin the track much more than the bikes. I don't think the owner would have told me about 1 or 2 cases in which quad racers misbehaved. It obviously happened multiple times. I'm not saying all quad riders are fat jackazzhole rednecks, because I know plenty of 'normal' riders. The sad truth is there is a percentage of people that want to ruin things for others.

RH1N08d9
10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
One of the local tracks around here has a dirtbike track, and a quad track, but I haven't been there yet.

linkcmd88
10-22-2003, 08:17 PM
my mx track the owner likes the quads but bike riders dont like us

skemp
10-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Funny, I usually find myself fixing my track by myself after dirt bikes have been on it. There's always a few quads parked with the riders getting dirty alongside me though. Guess it just varies wherever you go.

10-22-2003, 08:29 PM
around here the bikes and quads get along great, bikes like us cuz we dry the track up and the novice class is the only ones you see that dont know what there doing, expert and am are pretty respectable and turn as fast of lap times as expert and am bikes or faster

Flip)(stick
10-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Usually the track is fine for quads and bikes, but the trails the quads hate the bikes cause the ruts they dig, and ruin the trails

QuadJunkies
10-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
We have people here that just hate us out on the track. I try to be curtious and stay out of there way and they still yell. I look at it this way them trying to get around us is no worse than trying to get around a nother bike when you are racing. If I had the money and the place I would love to open a quad only track. Yup.... you can just about see the disgust on ther faces when we show up.......:rolleyes:

Woody_YFZ
10-23-2003, 12:37 AM
We all seem to get along pretty well. There's always the hater, but I used to hate the quads because they stirred up so much dust. I think the local bikers here are getting used to us. We're slowly getting more tolerated.

seven
10-23-2003, 05:50 AM
When I was hittting the tracks a lot I got a lot of crap. As I was there every saturday and sunday they grew to know me and Left me alone. Mostly becouse The only bikes that was faster was the Pro bike class. Every one else was getting out of my way. And I got a lot of I never seen a quad do that before. So give it time and earn there respect. And if they dont like it, RUN THEM THE F@#$ OVER!

markeg192
10-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Our local track runs mini Quads but full size Quads because they say they make too much dust. Although they let them practice on an unprepped track for $10 a day. I won't give em a penny myself!

Bretmd94
10-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
HEY! is that the Rouge Valley Motor Cross Track? Better not be caus ethey do race quads there, and the owner said that some time in October they are going to have a huge atv race, like an hole weekend of just atv's. MAN! I hate this! If that ever happends to me Ill be pissed, and if they disrespect me, i will disrespect them!:mad:

shure there are some quad riders out there that are idiots, and there are also db riders out there that are idiots too! We need to ear our respect. What track was this at bretmb94? :mad:

Oh yeah it was at Rogue Valley. They have quad races but its only like 3 or 4 quads. I dont do it yet because im to much of a puss to clear all the doubles. The owners kid was the one that pulled my freind over and told him not to come back. That kids an A-hole. Hes another one that might accidently get wrecked. Never met the track owner. Luckily our freind is pretty much the best rider at the track so they dont bug us to much when he is there.

DESDAK4
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Believe it or not you guys who can get on any tracks are lucky no matter how you are treated when you are there. Up here in North Dakota there is somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 tracks and we are not even allowed in the gates of a single one of them. Every time we ask it is as if we had just insulted an country or something and just treated like ****.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

nacs400ex
10-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yup.... you can just about see the disgust on ther faces when we show up.......:rolleyes:

Thats exactly how it is here. I think its worse here cause theres only usually a few quads where I am. I hate it when I am there by myself, the dirtbikers try to pick on you. But when the R is going in the spring I dont think they want to be behind me:cool:

zzbudzz
10-23-2003, 07:05 PM
when we have open practices and only a few quads show up they run us with the dirtbikes .last practice i don't think one dirtbike passed me ,unless i slowed down to catch my breath. (which was too often)i noticed a lot of them looking back when i was behind them ,then they'll get over out the way.......they better!:blah: cause i'd hate to feel a quad run over me too!( just kidding i wouldn't run over the little *******s ,unless they fell in front of me):devil:

Chef
10-23-2003, 07:14 PM
The bike guys like us. It is TT though, a bit different. Number 1, we make a groove a mile wide for the bike guys to pass. Number 2, we always turn faster lap times and have closer racing than the fastest bike guys. Number 3, we are all alot crazier than the bike guys.

Narly R
10-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
Oh yeah it was at Rogue Valley. They have quad races but its only like 3 or 4 quads. I dont do it yet because im to much of a puss to clear all the doubles. The owners kid was the one that pulled my freind over and told him not to come back. That kids an A-hole. Hes another one that might accidently get wrecked. Never met the track owner. Luckily our freind is pretty much the best rider at the track so they dont bug us to much when he is there.

Dang dude? U hit that 80= TT yet? AS SOON as my engine gets fixed which will be like dis weekend Im gunna hit that track up! We could hook up man, Ill stay in touch! Im junna bust out! DAMN those stupid dbers that dont like us, the others are cool! Get ahold of me next time u go there!

*no flame intended*

Bretmd94
10-24-2003, 11:38 AM
I will do. We are going to the dunes this weekend though. :macho It should be nice.

spud400ex
10-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by linkcmd88
my mx track the owner likes the quads but bike riders dont like us

the kids on the 90s are little a--holes but the guys on the big bikes are pretty nice. those banshees didnt help at practice though.