View Full Version : if you change to 250r rear caliper and rotor setup,-change to 250r skid also- read on

brandonpeake
10-22-2003, 06:42 AM
ok heres the question i was going to do the 250r rear caliper and rotor,swap for more ground clearance,but heres the prob i got an ac swingarm skid if i swap out the rotor and caliper the skid still sits as low as it did before,so htere was no point in doing the swap, if you do the rear rotor and caliper swap could u run a 250r skid or just not run a skidplate at all?
if you have done this or know about this i appreciate the help
brandon

cdalejef
10-22-2003, 06:50 AM
You can run a 250R skids with some slight mods.

Fleshwound
10-22-2003, 06:59 AM
jus run with no skid

cdalejef
10-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Not very good advice if your riding or racing woods!

brandonpeake
10-22-2003, 07:20 AM
if or when i race i run on mis south series and its not a non skid friendly place!
also when i trailride its in the same areas as these tracks so same type terrain
jeff what kind of mods does this entail?
thanks for the advicethey

cdalejef
10-22-2003, 08:08 AM
You will encounter more ruts than what you normaly ride so a skid is a must! All you need to do is redrill two holes.

brandonpeake
10-22-2003, 08:34 AM
redrill 2 hole in the skid plate?

cdalejef
10-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Yes

bmw500hp
10-22-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
ok heres the question i was going to do the 250r rear caliper and rotor,swap for more ground clearance,but heres the prob i got an ac swingarm skid if i swap out the rotor and caliper the skid still sits as low as it did before,so htere was no point in doing the swap, if you do the rear rotor and caliper swap could u run a 250r skid or just not run a skidplate at all?
if you have done this or know about this i appreciate the help
brandon

Brandon:

I have pursued and aquired all the necessary hardware ie: 250r caliper, rotor, 250r RPM axle, locknut, carrier, brackets and re-alignment shims.

These items are FOR SALE! See the (for sale) thread at the bottom of my sig.

As Jeff has mentioned, running with no skid is a risky proposition. However modifications to the swingarm or a 250r skid (Jeff again) and/or both will allow appreciable gains in ground clearance enabling singificant gains over the competition!

The package I have for sale has been removed from a 400ex in which the conversion was successfully performed.

The items allow for a "no questioned asked" / "turn key" conversion which will fully accomplish your goals in a first class way utylizing the best axle and locknut in the business.

I would be happy to assist! I accept Credit Cards and Pay Pal

Mike Steffick