PDA

View Full Version : keeping up with bike???

cudaman
10-22-2003, 02:19 AM
ok. i plan on getting a 250r. i am going to spend like 35-4000 dollars on one so it will have decent mods. pipe, airfilter, carb etc etc(not sure yet havent picked one out) anyway, my friend is getting a 78 yamaha yz400e soon and prob a honda cr500. both with only like a pipe. am i going to be able to keep up with him. plus hes a lot smaller then me. anyway, im guessing i cant, so what would i need to do so i could. btw, this is mostly dunes and trail/open riding. please let me know so i cna take this into consideration when buyin my R.

p.s. please, nobody give me the same crap about buying something newer or waiting for the new honda:p this is what i want and im not changing my mind. :D :D :blah:

Woody_YFZ
10-22-2003, 02:33 AM
I would think you'll be able to keep up pretty good. It just depends on how good of a rider your friend is. My bro. has a CRF 450 and I can keep up with him just fine on my quads, whether it be the YFZ, Raptor or KFX, especially in the dunes where you get better traction.

cudaman
10-22-2003, 11:42 PM
anyone else have anything to say??

ZSK
10-23-2003, 08:36 AM
When it comes down to it, it depends who is the better rider. Just riding the trails michigan rider and I were keeping up with a CR250 on 300ex's because the rider wasn't that good. I was following a CR125 and as soon as the open stretch came he was gone.