PDA

View Full Version : Need your input on a shock question

motoboy66
10-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Hey guys I would like your thoughts. My buddy gave me some Ohlins shocks he found in a house he was tearing down. They have resies but no adjustments. They do fit on my EX, but need some help. They had no oil, so the seals are shot, and one had 2 springs, while the other had 3. Do you think it would be worth my trouble to have these rebuild & respringed, or should I wait a long time until I can get TCS or PEP. I have stock shocks now, and nearly died in my last race. I got on the Ohlins web site and I think I have the 36P modle. Just thought I would try your input as most of you would know a lot more than me on this issue.

Thanks
Todd

Pappy
10-21-2003, 09:54 PM
properly set up ohlins are awesome...but it sounds like you need to use that set as wheel chocks:(

save up some cash and buy a set of pep or elka or axis etc....or even new ohlins. if money is tight try used....theres alot of decent shocks for sale

AndrewRRR
10-22-2003, 01:09 AM
Call Quadshop or C&D and see how much a total overhaul would cost. Chances are it's not worth it, sell em on ebay, lol.

slosh13
10-22-2003, 01:20 PM
im with pappy:)

motoboy66
10-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the input.

I took them apart to find that the internal seals were cracked. Also I noticed that one of the shafts has a nick in it. So I think that they will be turned into more grage decorations. It would have been nice if they were in good shape though.

Thanks for you input.

Todd

ReconRider25
10-23-2003, 07:42 PM
you could always give them to me. id glady take them.