PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Chain and Sprockets

brandon025
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Just got a 400ex it has a 16t front sprocket, I want to change to the stock 15t front. The chain and rear sprocket aren't in bad shape, but it wouldn't hurt to replace them as well. So I'm trying to find a good, fairly inexpensive o-ring chain and sprockets. I don't need top of the line stuff because I don't race, but I don't want to buy something that is going to wear out quickly. What would you recommend? I have no idea how to order a chain so if you could give me the exact size and every thing that would be great. Thanks.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
I have had good luck with rocket sprockets, jt sprockets, and sunstar and all these are pretty inexpensive as for the chain all we use is DID so I can not vouch for any other brand.

10-22-2003, 05:20 AM
look on ebay..some guy has some their for really cheap & im using them now & they work well;)

bmw500hp
10-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by brandon025
Just got a 400ex it has a 16t front sprocket, I want to change to the stock 15t front. The chain and rear sprocket aren't in bad shape, but it wouldn't hurt to replace them as well. So I'm trying to find a good, fairly inexpensive o-ring chain and sprockets. I don't need top of the line stuff because I don't race, but I don't want to buy something that is going to wear out quickly. What would you recommend? I have no idea how to order a chain so if you could give me the exact size and every thing that would be great. Thanks.

When you get a new (used) bike and you really don't know the history it's not a bad idea to go ahead and completely freshen up the drivetrain.

You've been there as an owner. Why not? Let that new chain wear in with the new sprockets like it's meant to.

I am headin for the same tonight. I will do a (DID) and sunstars

Your chain is probably going to need cut to lenght. Ask "silver fox" its real convenient if you can get square with a bolt up deal.

JD400exrider
10-22-2003, 11:00 PM
I am running the DID X ring with sun star sprockets. Seem to be holding up fine. Bought them from C&D. Give them a call They will set you up with what you need.