PDA

View Full Version : Help! Best friend is not doing well

Jay300ex
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, my dog I have had since I was 6 years old(now 18) is not doing so good. She is half german shepard half keeshound (spelling?) She had always gone riding with me and would follow me as good as she could until I would lose her and then she would just chill around and wait for me. This is the type of dog that is like your best friend, I just have to ask her if she has to go potty and she will nodd and I will open the door for her, she goes out, a minute later she is back at the door.

This would be the first animal that I am going to lose. Her joints are going, arthritus. We have been giving her Glucosomine Sulfate 2 times a day to help, that is why she has made it this long. I knew her time was comming, I just hate the fact. Oh well..

Had to tell someone right?

Jay

Pappy
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
:( someone once said we start dying the day we are born. i guess the memories you had will be there when she passes. good luck to ya

nacs400ex
10-21-2003, 09:11 PM
That sucks man, My dog died in april and she was 12 too, golden retriever, nicest dog ever. We were giving here medicam, which helps the joints and muscles.

Well one night I woke up to banging and growling. The poor dog was having seizures. She had 3 within 2 hours, and the vet said there isnt much use. We decided to take her back home, take her for her last walk while she was still alive. Then we put her down after the 4 seizure. I was sad for awhile, but then you know that they are getting old.

Craig

batgeek
10-21-2003, 09:14 PM
:(

pets i've had have taught me some of the most important life lessons i have ever learned.

she'll live in your memories. don't ever forget.

JTRtrx250r
10-21-2003, 09:32 PM
:( sorry to hear that,I lost my sheperd/lab mix after 12 yrs and cried my eyes out,seems I compare all other dogs to him now,its trulely loosing a family member:( hope ya get thru it ok

Narly R
10-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
:(

pets i've had have taught me some of the most important life lessons i have ever learned.

she'll live in your memories. don't ever forget.

Yes i know how it is! I will die when my choc lab is gone, or my other lab/german shepard dog is gone, i have had both since they were 3 weeks....

Man I hope everything is well just have happy thought, my prayers are with you and your friend!;) :(

kamikaze_rzrbak
10-21-2003, 10:24 PM
:( dogs are truly our best friends, its the hardest thing loosing them, i hope everything turns out good:)

Jay300ex
10-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. It's all part of life I know, just a sucky part cause lately I am always thinking about the good times I had as a child, and how I am moving on soon, leaving home, going to school.

She will always be remembered, god I have vacuumed up enough of her hair I can't forget that ( I made a pillow out of a plasitic bag full of her hair I brushed off her haha ).

Jay

400exmom
10-22-2003, 08:57 AM
that sux!! my pets are a BIG part of my lil family this is bob he's a yougin still but i cant imagine anything happining to him me and my boys will be devistated- i have a 15 year cat thats very healthy yet and i was just tellin my bro last night its gonna be a reall bad day when its her time- death of a family pet is not easy to deal with..best of luck to youhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p4bc14894d48ab4e8afc91be9aedc6a65/fb83f41d.jpg

10-22-2003, 09:04 AM
Just remember all the good times and don't dwell on the bad.. I feel for ya,,I really do..:(

stace609
10-22-2003, 09:29 AM
man, i'm so sorry. it's so hard. i've lost so many pets. two of them were only puppies. i know how hard it is. we'll all be here for you if you need anything or someone to talk to. feel free to pm.