PDA

View Full Version : sponsership?

trx400ex
02-06-2002, 05:08 PM
how many races would i have to run this season to get sponserd, i mean if i do good, wich i really think i will..also how good would i have to do? im not running any nationals,, just a local(in the state) track that is AMA. is it even possible? ummm one more, who would i need to sponser me to get a 5% or whatever discount on the roll design lobo 2 front&rear ends?
i, guessing to send out apps sometime in the fall??? thansk a bunchhh!!!!!

400MXer
02-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Ducan gives you discounts on tons of stuff.....i get 5% on roll stuff.

you don't really even have to finish well....just put your finish's on a resume with your future plans, your training and that kind of stuff. My friend only ran 4 races last season, and he did horrible in all of them, and he still got nacs, outerwears, and a few other places to sponsor him. but if you want good sponsorships, your gonna need consistant top finish's.

but hey, send out as many as possible, it's worth a shot. Anyone that doesn't want to get a discount on stuff is MAD, MAD I TELL YOU!!!

02-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Basically just what 400mxer said....i just got another sponsorship in the mail today fom Denton Racing.......here are my duties as a Denton racing support rider--"It will be your dutyand obligation at all times to to promoteand sell the quality and service of denton racing while racing or just riding you must always have atleast 2 denton racing decals on your bike,and that you list denton racing on any entry forms as a proud sponsor....then there are 5 levcels of sponsorship listed

1.___ you will recieve a 5% discount on all orders
2._x_ you will recieve a 10% discount on all orders
3.___ you wilkl recieve a 15%discount on all orders
4.___you will recieve a 20%discount on al orders
5.___ you will recieve a foctory works ride

as you can see i am a level 2 rider and happy..... i also get up to 10% from Troy racing, from houser i get...
A-Arms Regular $100 off
A-Arms long travel 16inch shocks $125 off
long travle 19" $150 off
Steering stem +clamp or wristwrester $60 off
Frames $300off list
Shocks $100 off list
and axis is something like 7.5% off front shocks or 10% off a full set.....

i figured i'd let you know what most of the company's are giving...hope this helped sorry to make it so long...toby

trx400ex
02-11-2002, 04:02 PM
the longer the better, thanks guys...so how many apps did you send out total?

02-11-2002, 08:25 PM
i believe i sent out 10 or 14....somewhere in around that area...let me know if you need anything else .....toby

400MXer
02-11-2002, 08:38 PM
I think i sent out about that many too.

I got custom axis sponsorship too....but i already ordered my PEP shocks, AND it's still going to be cheaper by going with the PEP, so i didn't take it.

i only took the sponsorships of the places i could use. like Nacs, Kandk, Legacy atv, axis, one industries and a few others sent me a contract but i only took Duncan, Goat eyewear, outerwears, and i was going to take tag but i get about the same discount from duncan so i don't think i am anymore.