PDA

View Full Version : Job

stace609
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Guys, I need a job. I've decided to only go to school part time and work but I don't know what kind of job I should go for. I don't want to do fast food. Been there done that. I always talk to people my age that have like dental office jobs but all the ones i see always say u need experiece. Where do you guys work and how did you get in there? Any ideas for me?

dirtmomma
10-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Yeah I know where your coming from I'm in the same spot right now. My youngest will start kindergarten next year, he just started preschool this year now I need to find a job especially if I want to keep racing & putting $$ into my quad:( But I haven't figured out what I want to do yet either. When I was working (5yrs ago :eek: ) I worked in the car business, ran a detail shop for awhile, then worked as a lot manager/dtail manager for awhile also, since 94' I've been in the car business. I can't imagne going back to detailing cars at 37 yrs old & laready have old injuries from it(bad wrists) Now I'm thinking of maybe banking(teller to start) I like the idea of working 5 days a week M-F so we can have the family time on weekends(racing).e

anyway good luck with whatever you do!!:D

jasoncarr25
10-21-2003, 06:55 PM
get into any trade building houses. i personally own a landclearing and grading business and owning your own business aint what its cracked up to be.my operaters make good money for here. i pay them a percentage so that covers me from someone trying to milk the clock.

Zero74
10-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Stace i recommend you work at a bank. Usually banks offer tuition reimbursement programs that will give you money to go to school. Normally when people think of banking, they automatically think getting a job as a teller. Well depending on where you live, there are probably alot more jobs available in banking. You can do collections, which isn't as bad as it sounds. But if you get your foot in the door than you can go to alot of different departments. Oh yeah, banks usually offer pretty good benefit packages.

Warning, you must be a people person if you wanna work at a bank. Im not sure what banks are in your area, but if there is a corporate office around there, check it out. Any questions about banking, ask me and i'll try to help.:)

Dune Surfer
10-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Bank jobs could be good. I have a friend who started as a teller and now makes $$ as a loan officer.
Waitress at a good place and you can make $$ on tips
I would stay away from retail, and fast food (no $$)
You might try Fry"s in san marcos. The just opened and you will get a promotion fast.
Good luck there are alot of jobs now.

Woody_YFZ
10-22-2003, 02:37 AM
I agree with the banking. I started in customer service answering phones to learn the bank that I worked for's systems and then I moved around and with each move I got a raise. They usually have good benefits and all holidays off and no weekends. You can take banking experience to a lot of places. I no longer work for a bank, but I was a billing manager for a large company because of it and I now work for another company in the computer industry all based off of what I learned at the bank.

Motoman440
10-22-2003, 05:54 AM
Banking is good. Iv'e been doing it for 13 year now and have had a lot of ups and downs but overall have enjoyed it. I would highly recommend that you finish school (college) and make that your number one priority. It does pay off once you complete your education depending on how aggressive you are with your career choice. Education is a very vital key in making good money. Just think of it like this, your investing 4 to 6 years of being somewhat broke for a lifetime of enjoyment which could be kids, quads or whatever you choose because you make good money. It's well worth the investment.

k2-dawg
10-22-2003, 07:19 AM
Ditto---^^.

stace609
10-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Banking is good. Iv'e been doing it for 13 year now and have had a lot of ups and downs but overall have enjoyed it. I would highly recommend that you finish school (college) and make that your number one priority. It does pay off once you complete your education depending on how aggressive you are with your career choice. Education is a very vital key in making good money. Just think of it like this, your investing 4 to 6 years of being somewhat broke for a lifetime of enjoyment which could be kids, quads or whatever you choose because you make good money. It's well worth the investment.

that was the plan but since my husbands car broke down and we had to buy a new one it's like get a job or not pay the bills. lol. don't really have a choice. it seems like everyone thinks banking. i'm going to check it out. i went to a bunch of places last night that were hiring, but it's all seasonal. well thanks for the suggestions everyone!:cool:

Motoman440
10-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by stace609
that was the plan but since my husbands car broke down and we had to buy a new one it's like get a job or not pay the bills. lol. don't really have a choice. it seems like everyone thinks banking. i'm going to check it out. i went to a bunch of places last night that were hiring, but it's all seasonal. well thanks for the suggestions everyone!:cool:

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Banking is a good choice though, especially if your going to school as well. Good Luck!!!