PDA

View Full Version : Need Directions for jetting for 300Ex

Cody_300ex
10-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Basicly i need directions how to get to the carb to rejet. I took the baffle out of my 300ex, Does anybody got any suggestions of what i should jet to?

redrunner
10-21-2003, 02:17 PM
I did an HMF pipe and jetted mine. Obviously take of all the airbox stuff and plastic in the way, shut off gas, remove the side cover this gives you access to the throttle cable. Lift up and remove the beaded end from the arm. I am not sure if you can do it on the motor but I could not get the stupid cable bracket off from under the bike so I took the carb off. Once you have the mounting screws off you mark the postion of the lock nut for the throttle cable and unsrcew it by turning the carb around and around. Now that you have it on the bench take off the top plate and you see another arm set up attached to a spring and white plastic connector. Remove the spring but keep note on how it was on. Then loosen the phillips head screw holding the arm in place on the shaft, don't worry about the position it goes all the way through the shaft only one way to put it on. You then can slide the needle out to do you notch position. Per you instructions, usually up a notch. Then flip ity over and take out the stock jet just be sure to use a good flat head that fits. DON'T STRIP IT! I can't remember the size i used it is what HMF gave me. Put it together and the only adjustment i did after that was air/fuel screw when it was warmed up. Stop the pop at decel and hang on. 10 or 15% more power what a difference i noticed. Remember to keep everything clean, and put the parts in a can or something as you go, wash your bike first. OK enough blah blah get busy!