PDA

View Full Version : Used Flat Track tires

quad_62
10-21-2003, 07:48 AM
hey guys, does anyone have any old flat track tires they'd want to get rid of? i'm just starting out, so i am really just looking for something that will just hold air.

Thanks,

AD

dirtmomma
10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
I might have some, they are 20" rears if you are interested let me know, they are not Hoosiers,American Racers, what we used was a "lawn mower" tire then we grooved it, they work good, we put 18's on the blaster so these are extra's now I can send you a pic of them if your interested. they are turf savers, here's a pic of what they look like, the grooving may be a little different than these, these are the 18's but they are the EXACT same tire!!;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pb531a9a099e57b09a3c4d5fc0552023b/fc7aac3f.jpg

quad_62
10-21-2003, 09:17 AM
sure, i'd be interested in a pic

thanks,

AD

dirtmomma
10-21-2003, 09:19 AM
OK SORRY this pic these ones aren't grooved but the other ones are & they work GOOD!!!!:o

quad_62
10-21-2003, 09:21 AM
can you describe the grooving to me?

dirtmomma
10-21-2003, 09:48 AM
OK here I can do you one better here's some ics of them...... the fronts are 21x8x10 and the rears are 20x10x8

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pf3a941122f50e84f52030199ecce11a6/fac428a2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pdc389141681e580e287dc22ad8623af0/fac428a6.jpg

The rear ones are just grooved on the outside & the fronts are NOT grooved

quad_62
10-21-2003, 09:53 AM
can you PM me with how much you want for them.

oynot400
10-21-2003, 10:24 AM
I have some FT tires. American Racer rears, only about 10 runs on them. $100, tires only. I do have fronts that have more time on them, $125 with rims. If you take them both I will throw in a home made sway bar the the heck of it. I will see if I have the pics on the computer at work. Or send me an email, O'HaraAnthonyJ@JohnDeere.com

oynot400
10-21-2003, 10:27 AM
I have the pics, but not sure how to post them on the site. Email me and I can send them that way. :)

dirtmomma
10-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by oynot400
I have the pics, but not sure how to post them on the site. Email me and I can send them that way. :)

Can you email me a pic of the sway bar?? I would like to see what it looks like if ya don't mind & owuld you be willing to sell it for a nominal fee:D thanks Kym

BTW email is sandvig4@juno.com

29FTEX
10-21-2003, 10:50 AM
I have a full set of front and rear rims and tires. The fronts are Hoosier 57 x 6 x 10, D10 compound mounted on Douglas 190 Black label wheels (5x10). The rear are 59 x 10 x 10, D10 compound mounted on Douglas 125 Blue label wheels (10x10). The wheels aren't bent, and the tires have lots of tread. $300 + shipping, which would probably be around $30 or so. This is about a $600 set up for half the cost. These are Honda bolt pattern.
If you're interested, email me for pics.

tands@cyberback.com

oynot400
10-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Can you email me a pic of the sway bar?? I would like to see what it looks like if ya don't mind & owuld you be willing to sell it for a nominal fee:D thanks Kym

BTW email is sandvig4@juno.com
No problem it is on the way!!!!:)
By the way I do have a dura blue rear lower dog bone (lowering kit). If any one is interested, $40.

dirtmomma
10-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 29FTEX
I have a full set of front and rear rims and tires. The fronts are Hoosier 57 x 6 x 10, D10 compound mounted on Douglas 190 Black label wheels (5x10). The rear are 59 x 10 x 10, D10 compound mounted on Douglas 125 Blue label wheels (10x10). The wheels aren't bent, and the tires have lots of tread. $300 + shipping, which would probably be around $30 or so. This is about a $600 set up for half the cost. These are Honda bolt pattern.
If you're interested, email me for pics.

tands@cyberback.com

WOW thats a pretty good deal, wish I had a spare $300 laying around:(

smooth
10-21-2003, 05:06 PM
i have any size you want that aren't garden tractor tires i have hoosier and american racer from 10 bucks each to 100 new

dirtmomma
10-22-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by smooth
i have any size you want that aren't garden tractor tires i have hoosier and american racer from 10 bucks each to 100 new

:eek: YEP thats right we run garden tractor tires :p so why don't ya post a pic of these tires from $10??

oynot400
10-22-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
:eek: YEP thats right we run garden tractor tires :p
I have seen guys run those type of lawn mower tires before. On the right track they work just fine. ;)

tt-87-r-racer
10-22-2003, 10:55 AM
no offence but i have ran those tires and maby on the right track they might be good but i have done better with a pair of slick american racers. The rubber compound is too hard on those tires and they dont bite verry good. They are awsome for practice tires though.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Yall can laugh at those mower tires if you want to, but with a set of those mounted & on a wet track, will leave american racers or hoosiers sitting on the line spinning. You kids dont know but the old man does. I got some stuff to put on them to make them softer than any tire you have checked, if you only knew. Mabe thats why you guys are trying to catch the fast guys:eek2: :eek2:

smooth
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
think what you want but when you run with the big dogs they don't cut it i ran pro am open this year and pulled a 7th overall on my good american racers

dirtmomma
10-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Yall can laugh at those mower tires if you want to, but with a set of those mounted & on a wet track, will leave american racers or hoosiers sitting on the line spinning. You kids dont know but the old man does. I got some stuff to put on them to make them softer than any tire you have checked, if you only knew. Mabe thats why you guys are trying to catch the fast guys:eek2: :eek2:

;) :eek:
Ya know your right ont he wet track thing, we run a track that is nice clay hardpack & they always have to call the races when it rains, last time we were there my son was out there on his blaster w/ those tires on doing just fine.
I guess some things work for some people & some don't:)

Chef
10-23-2003, 07:27 PM

Thats when you groove the american racers...:blah:

C-LEIGH RACING
10-23-2003, 08:09 PM
yea, grooving will help, but with the cost of gas, just to get to the races is a feat in itself, you got to cut corners somewhere & those american racers aint getting any cheaper. We all want to play & moneys tight right now, all over.
What those that are known as the BIG DOGS, need to understand is, if it wasnt for us peons out here buying those high priced pieces of stuff to go on our 4 wheelers, just so we might, just a little, be able to run like them, they wouldnt be getting so much stuff free & might not even be a pro class.
Dont get me started.:(

smooth
10-24-2003, 05:13 AM
who said anything about getting stuff free i haven't ever gotten anything free for racing if i want something i go buy it i'm not a big dog just a expert rider not pro thats why i didn't finish in the top 5 in flat track national nothings free in life

dirtmomma
10-24-2003, 07:43 AM
yea, grooving will help, but with the cost of gas, just to get to the races is a feat in itself, you got to cut corners somewhere & those american racers aint getting any cheaper. We all want to play & moneys tight right now, all over.
What those that are known as the BIG DOGS, need to understand is, if it wasnt for us peons out here buying those high priced pieces of stuff to go on our 4 wheelers, just so we might, just a little, be able to run like them, they wouldnt be getting so much stuff free & might not even be a pro class.
Dont get me started.:(

VEry good point C-Leigh!!! So where do you race at?? Just curious, you seem to be a "REAL" racer who understands what it's like to be on a TIGHT budget out there just trying to do what you can. SURE I would LOVE to be able to put Hoosier/AR tires all the way around on both our quads but that AIN'T gonna happen @ $100 per tire:rolleyes: My son & I are lucky to have the set ups we do, thats just like our blaster it may not look the best (no chrome,pd,ect) heck we still run steel wheels on it:eek2: but it gets up & goes & has ALOT more potential but we try to get my son to understand that YES it would be nice to have aluminum rims,high dollar shocks,arms but it's just NOT in the budget at this point!! NOW if someone wants to start donating this that would be fine LMAO. The kid is a very good rider & we've been told has potential so he'll have to do it on a blaster for now till he can move up to something bigger:blah: ok i'LL GET OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW I just get worked up when it comes to all these people saying you have to run the high dollar chit!!

C-LEIGH RACING
10-24-2003, 07:51 AM
That, FREE STUFF, was something added in just so you would clear up who you realy are. A sponsered Pro rider would never respond with a post like that, to anyone. Theres to much for them to loose by saying thing like that, & then others reading it. You want to be a Pro rider, or big dog as you call them, one day, then you need to learn how to play the game, thats part of it to.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Dirt,
Just keep it simple, its a Blaster. That 200 air cooled class is kind of a steping stone up to the bigger classes, & ever so often someone will come in there like gang busters with a built to the hilt ride & domanate the class. Things are a little better now because of the ATVA rules, 200 air cooled is a production class now, & a more level playing field.
We race mostly on the East Coast & will hit some of the National events during the year, my daughter is on her first year on a 250 & I'm realy not pushing her, shes got to do the learning curve. We did, in 2001, with my son run the National TTs, he ended up finishing 10th, in the 250B class, & then called it quits for collage. I have another rider running for me, from Ohio & hes doing real well. In our 2nd year, looks like he going to get another Open B class championship localy. He finished 2nd, Open B this year in the National TTs. Neil

dirtmomma
10-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Dirt,
Just keep it simple, its a Blaster. That 200 air cooled class is kind of a steping stone up to the bigger classes, & ever so often someone will come in there like gang busters with a built to the hilt ride & domanate the class. Things are a little better now because of the ATVA rules, 200 air cooled is a production class now, & a more level playing field.
We race mostly on the East Coast & will hit some of the National events during the year, my daughter is on her first year on a 250 & I'm realy not pushing her, shes got to do the learning curve. We did, in 2001, with my son run the National TTs, he ended up finishing 10th, in the 250B class, & then called it quits for collage. I have another rider running for me, from Ohio & hes doing real well. In our 2nd year, looks like he going to get another Open B class championship localy. He finished 2nd, Open B this year in the National TTs. Neil

Hey Neil yeah we don't push our son at all cuz we've come to realize that when we nagg(tell him shich lines ect) him before his race he does terrible, but if we just leave him to himself he does GREAT!! WEll we don't run ATVA races but there are some AMA (he's not a member yet) we run. Did you happen to hit the West Coast Amatuer Nationals in Yakima WA a few months back?? We didnt' make it due to $$ & waiting on some parts but we WILL take him next year!! We run an indoor series (8races) from Nov,-Jan that has some pretty fast blasters & others too. It's a short track & we just love it. This will be my 2nd season racing there, my 1st on my 300ex I rode the blaster last year & spun out all year:blah: think I finished in 10th overall:( out of about 20 though. My son who 2 races from the last one, got his FMF set up last year, picked up the pace BIG time & went from 10th in points to 5th!!! We thougth that was awesome. Sooooo this year he's talking about picking it up so we'll see. My 4yr old will start racing this season also he's riding a 02" LEM Condor, in th peewee 1srt yr class of course it should be a fun season, poor Dad has to be mechanic to all of us this year!! OK I'll shut it up for now blah blah blah LOL. Have a good Day;) BTW do ya got any pics you could email me of your racers??? I have a bunch on our website if your interested

bmw500hp
10-27-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by quad_62
hey guys, does anyone have any old flat track tires they'd want to get rid of? i'm just starting out, so i am really just looking for something that will just hold air.
AD

yup, got just what ya need...and we can price em right! send me the email for pics...send it to joesflies@aol.com and put in subject line ( quad_62 pics of TT Tires)

quad_62
11-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Ok, I bought some rears from one of my friends. Does anyone have any fronts with or without rims for sale? I need them quick, but dont have a lot of money to spend.