PDA

View Full Version : 20w 50???

Martin Blair
10-20-2003, 08:23 PM
alright we are goign to little sahara in 9 days and it is sposed to be averages in the 60s and 40s will my 20w 50 be ok at the dunes?

thanks.

Greg Z
10-21-2003, 01:47 PM
go down to a 10w40 i think that would be a better choice

Martin Blair
10-21-2003, 03:18 PM
well its goign to be revved up good and under a load at the dunes, i just changed oil it hasnt even been out of my gagrage, if its cold you think i could ocver my scoops up with carboard? or should i change it

spud400ex
10-21-2003, 03:18 PM
i was ther last weekend and ran 10w-40 and it did fine. btw it was 91 degrees saturday and probly 55 at night and the weather was supposed to be 75 for the high.

10-21-2003, 04:13 PM
dude...i was gonna go this comming weekend cuz we got thurs and fri off from skoo...but my motor got jacked up from the place that did it...they didnt set the ring end gap right and bored the cylinder too tight for the piston...so my bike overheated out the hella and now i am bikeless...again...i am so frickin pissed off...my dad checked them both...and they were off by enough to make a HUGE difference...we r sending the cylinder and piston to sparks to c if they r fixable and probably gettin my carb bored out to 38mm while im at it...then to make things even worse...team factory racing sent me my ac propegs...and they were missing a clip for part of the nets...so now i had to send those back...so now...i have no bike...no pegs...and they said the nerfs were $165...they put $235 on our credit card without even saying so...so i had to pay even MORE to get the damn things...just figures u kno...right when i get my bike back and all ready to go and put together...it screws up and i get pissed off...i wanted to go to the damn dunes 2...now i gotta wait EVEN LONGER to get all the damn parts to fix my bike for the SECOND time...this time i will get an XR head gasket to get my compression up some more...other then that...its all good...and ur oil will be fine martin...it will be a lot hotter then u think