PDA

View Full Version : ? RE: K&N Filter

JB's 400ex
02-06-2002, 02:04 PM
I have a 01 400EX with a E-series slip on. The rest of the machine is stock. I have rejetted to a 158 main jet and a 40 pilot jet. Stock needle position. If I were to purchase a K&N would it be worth buying the kit with the Dyno Jet kit or could I just buy the K&N filter and do the jetting myself? Are the Dyno Jets any different than the Keihn jets? Help me out!

CranMan
02-06-2002, 02:11 PM
I guess you could accomplish the same thing by buying several larger main jets and the filter. The good thing for me with the kit was that it had instructions, and several different size jets for me to use untl I got it right....

JB's 400ex
02-06-2002, 02:27 PM
What is your jetting now? Is that what you are referring to when you talk about your Stage 2 jet kit, the one that comes in the K&N kit. The only other stuff that comes with it is oil correct? and how often do you clean it, is it a chore?

PsychoDave
02-06-2002, 03:04 PM
you dont need to get the kit.....it makes life easier though. You can just get some jets and play aroung with them for a while until you get it right...look at what other members are using and use what makes your machine run best.