PDA

View Full Version : Gps

Max400
10-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Does anyone here use a GPS when trail riding??? I just got one and can't wait to try it out............

Max400
10-20-2003, 07:12 PM
:confused:

David
10-20-2003, 07:14 PM
I use it when I go trail riding. It can be fairly easy to get lost sometimes, but I never needed it yet.

400exdad
10-21-2003, 06:56 AM
I've got one, but don't use it as much as I want to. Plus, I rarely go "where no man has gone before". :) We ride in the woods mostly and I really don't relish the thought of crashing and tearing it up. I think it would be great in the dunes!

WyoDuner
10-22-2003, 12:40 PM
I use mine all the time. I don't use it to keep from getting lost but mostly to track where I've been, how far I went and stuff like that. I mark a lot of waypoints in the duning areas I go to and publish them on my website.

It's kind of cool to know where you went, max speed, average speed and how many miles in a day.

What GPS did you get? I use a Garmin etrex Legend.

Max400
10-26-2003, 01:56 AM
I got a Magellan sport trak pro. So far it seems real cool and the topo software that it comes with is good for plotting you route. I haven’t went riding with it yet, but I ride in the Plumas National forest and it has a lot of old mines and mining towns, and miles of trails……..

I checked out your web site, do you have any or know where I can get calif. Trail coordinates???

exrider505
10-26-2003, 08:34 PM
I have a Magellan Meridian Platinum and I use it all the time unless im going to be doing a lot of jumps or something, the main place I use it is at Land Between The Lakes I know my way around there now but it is still good to have. Its kinda fun to ride really far from camp and then try to ride the most direct way back following the GPS. By tghe way I am taking a trip there in November and I am trying to find some other people to go, I started a thread about it, check it out if you are intrested.