PDA

View Full Version : new clutch slippin bad but y?

crashinmatt
10-19-2003, 05:36 PM
a friend of mine has been havin problems with his clutch slippin. he has done just about everything to get rid of this. it all started he had a total stock set-up. it started to wear and slip, so he decided to upgrade. so he bought a complete hinson 8 plate clutch and proper plates, and he has new oil and the right oil. he ran it for like a race or 2, and it started to slip on him(he changes his oil after every race, or 2 practices), it not a mild slip, its a total wont barely move slip. someone told him his oil pump was bad, and not gettin the oil to the clutches, so he bought a new oil pump. raced one race, and then the next race in practice, it did it again. anyone have any ideas as to what is goin on? any suggestions?

deathman53
10-19-2003, 06:00 PM
did he reuse the cluth springs or get aftetmarket ones?

10-19-2003, 06:01 PM
my clutch lifter pin supposedly broke & my clutch is so loose now its not even funny...i have to use spacers in the line for it to work :grr:

crashinmatt
10-19-2003, 06:03 PM
he got new springs, i believe they r cr500 ones, and he took the cover off to inspect and change the oil pump(which wasnt the problem), and everything was good.

Sportrax10
10-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Maybe he tightened the clutch up too much?

crashinmatt
10-19-2003, 06:46 PM
well i asked him about that and he said he had it correct. but he was tellin me just today when he was racin, that it started off strong, and basically faded to the point of not hardly workin. he couldnt even make it up a little hill.