PDA

View Full Version : drying your K&N

vroom
10-19-2003, 01:02 PM
I just cleaned my filter and I always have trouble drying it, i try to shake as much water out as possible but when i leave it in the air to air dry and come back, it's still wet, i had to shake it vigorously then let it ddry, shake it then let it dry, shake it then let it dry, all day long the last time i did it... any good tips on drying it??

250exen
10-19-2003, 01:05 PM
i usually let mine dry over night. i make sure the place where it connects to the carb is facing down so the watter can drip out, but thats just me

tj

ZSK
10-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 250exen
i usually let mine dry over night. i make sure the place where it connects to the carb is facing down so the watter can drip out, but thats just me

tj

I do the same, I also sit it in the sun to dry, and try some newspaper inside and place it by the front of your refridgerator on the floor.

chad502ex
10-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by vroom
I just cleaned my filter and I always have trouble drying it, i try to shake as much water out as possible but when i leave it in the air to air dry and come back, it's still wet, i had to shake it vigorously then let it ddry, shake it then let it dry, shake it then let it dry, all day long the last time i did it... any good tips on drying it??

vroom, easy ? just take your sisters hairdryer and position it so that it blows warm (not hot) air into the filter. Caution: this could cause the paper in the filter to burn if you warm too much and leave unattended, so be sure to observe and don't leave unttended during the drying process. I usually dry for about 5 minutes or so. Perform at your own risk. I'm not responsible for you fools that catch your filter on fire drying your filter way too much. This is only a suggestion. :)

But when I'm away on a weekend trip riding, i bring two filters so i can change out the dirty to a clean the following day.

Hope this helps.

Chad502EX.com

vroom
10-19-2003, 04:49 PM
thanks guys.. i thought about a hair dryer but i didn't wanna set anything on fire.. just gunna let it sit over night.