PDA

View Full Version : ATV park!

BassGin3
10-19-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm a college business major and I had an open choice in a class for a project on starting a new business. I've come up with the idea to open an ATV park, hopefully in either New Hapmshire or mass somewhere. What I'm wondering is how much everyone thinks would be a reasonable price to charge for a day of riding. The park's going to include a MX track and mud pit and whatnot. Another thing is that if I have Amateur Cross country races and MX races, what's a reasonable entry fee. Anyone's welcome to toss in ideas about other things that could bring in the cash flow. :D

KILLER EX
10-19-2003, 05:31 PM
will you please really open one???!!! if sounds like a lucritive business?

BassGin3
10-21-2003, 09:07 AM
I'd love to open a park, but it'd take a few years till i graduate. I'm trying to find out what laws, regulations, and permits, I need to do something like this. If anyone knows any information about what you need to open a park, feel free to throw it down here.:D

sickyellow400ex
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
that would be awsome if u could open a park in mass or nh

Tommy 17
10-21-2003, 02:07 PM
rausch creek is 30$ a day... figure 200 riders a day on weekends if its a good park;)

i think they have a yearly fee of like 125$ or something and u can ride there unlimited days...

if ur goin to open a park i know ur goin to have to be far away from all other people... bc people will complain about noise, dust, etc...

good luck... i hope u do open one up!!!

AAAirbooorn
10-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Uxbridge motorsports park in mass charges 30 bucks for the day. ( on the weekends, during the week I think it's 20) You can also rent the park for you and 50 buddys on mondays for 1000 bucks.Go check it out before it closes on nov. 1. they open it to snowmobiles in the winter. This one is a little small for atv's in my opinion. they mostly cater to bikes anyway.We need a park real bad here in NH. wish I had the land cause I'd open one myself. the sport is only getting bigger!...Uxbridge is about 8 acres, check out there web site........Also, go see Jolly Roger in Lempster NH. They race everything there. Alot of EXers race there.

RoadkillerRyan
10-24-2003, 06:57 PM
open it in CONNECTICUT i know soooo many people who will go
we dont have one here

10-25-2003, 04:15 PM
are you kidding???? conneticut has rocky hill which is the sickest track.....BTW i just went there today...and you must open a park in nh or mass....it is a must.....we have to drive an hour and a half for a decent track......please open one and have season passes to.

wilkin250r
10-27-2003, 06:29 PM
If it TRULY is a lucrative business, don't you think there would be one on every street corner?

So, if your business model shows you with a 400% return within the first year, it's probably not accurate... :blah:

Woody_YFZ
10-29-2003, 10:32 PM
I think it's the liability and insurance costs that drive most people away from this type of business. Keep us posted on what you find out, I would be very interested.