PDA

View Full Version : So no reverse......

Rubix973
10-19-2003, 11:58 AM
From my knowledge neither the trx450r or the yfz450 have reverse. To me that sucks, I'm not a diehard racer so i like reverse. To drop almost 7 grand and not even get reverse is pretty stupid. Thats why my next bike will be the kawi or suzuki. I know not as fast but at least everything was taken into consideration prior to production. I know the yammi and honda are great bikes (super fast, handle amazing, etc.) it just doesnt seem logical to not have a reverse gear on a quad I mean its not a dirtbike but i guess if you get the motor from one it means you cant have reverse or something. Well thats my 2 cents respond if I'm incorrect about anything.

seven
10-19-2003, 01:05 PM
I think these quads were desighned with the racer in mind for a change. There are a lot of options out there for someone that wants a trail or play around quad but until now you had to build a racer for yourself. I can see were you would be un happy with them but at least we a few race bred quads instead of trail quads made up as racers. Take into consideration all the 400ex,utility,Z400,Arctic cat,Raptor, and so on to only 3 Truly race bred quads Canondale,yfz 450 and the new trx450R. I say its about time!

dirtriderex
10-19-2003, 06:53 PM
still no reverse, what about all the harescramble racers? I'm still getting the Honda though.

Matt756
11-05-2003, 05:18 PM
they are only trying to save weight

dirtriderex
11-05-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm not saying they should come out with a reverse, I think you pussey boys need to start lifting weights.

Woody_YFZ
11-05-2003, 11:18 PM
I came from a Raptor and I thought I would miss reverse, but I race mx and ride dunes and I haven't needed it yet, except maybe to back it out of the shed. I would personally prefer the weight savings for mx. I don't know what to tell you on the harescrambles.

Bretmd94
11-06-2003, 08:23 AM
If you are out of shape to the point where you cant push a quad backwards then you shouldnt be riding it. Same with the kick start. If you cant kick it over, its not for you. They built a quad made for racing. Its not a utility quad. Its not made for the daily trip with your family. If you dont like it then dont buy it. Go buy a z400 from Wallmart in whatever badging it might have. Maybe go with a 650 or 700. I love the fact that it doesnt have reverse or elec start. Ive missed kickstart so much since my 350x.

dirtriderex
11-06-2003, 08:30 PM
amen to that:D

89'350RX
11-07-2003, 03:46 AM
Well, I am almost 40, ya I know getting old, but no way would I want reverse on a machine like this. I agree, if you are buying a 450R, either ride it in sucha fashion that you don't need reverse or get off and push or pull it around. . . no big deal.

I like the new 450 and will more than likely buy one sometime next year.