PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys does this seem scammish to you? Kinda does kinda doesn't.

cheetah
10-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey I am selling my 400ex and currently have it up on ebay. I requested the buyer must pick it up and I would not ship. Well I got an e-mail from a guy interested and it seems funny. It could be legit, but could also be a good scam. Here is the link to the auction and below the e-mail I received.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6724&item=2438048548

Hello,
What is the selling price? ,
I am intersted to buy this item and i will like it to be ship to Holland in Europe.

To make the payment more faster and easier, i am especting the sum of $9,500.00 from a company
in US. i will ask them to send you the amount($9,500.00) But as soon as the cheque clear you will send the remaining money to me by Western Union to europe.

Also i will like to let you know that i have my own shipper that will come over to your address and pick it up as soon as the cheque clear.

If this is ok with you, kindly email me back on (jwi101@yahoo.com).

Also email me the name and the address to appear on the cheque and your telephone and mobile numbers, please dont email me p.o.box address, because the cheque will be send my fedex courier services and fedex does not deliver to p.o boxes.
Till i read from you.
Williams.

This kinda feels like a scam to me like some way of getting illegal money to the guy without being traced and it come back through me. I mean who trusts a total stranger with your $9500 to send the extra back? Also when you think about it, at $10000 the IRS looks into your transaction. Funny how it falls $500 short of that.

I think I am gonna stay away anyways, but what do you guys think?

AlaskaSpeed
10-19-2003, 11:13 AM
what is with you people?!?! Is there something in the water down there that puts your brain into sleep mode? lmao

AtvMxRider
10-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
what is with you people?!?! Is there something in the water down there that puts your brain into sleep mode? lmao

I think it is thats why I don't drink it........:devil:

cheetah
10-19-2003, 11:59 AM
LOL they told me it was straight pepsi I swear.:o

AlaskaSpeed
10-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
LOL they told me it was straight pepsi I swear.:o

LMAO....I have to appreciate anyone that can take my sarcasm and not get pissed off.....you are OK in my book....and YES, it is a scam.....;)

Narly R
10-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
LMAO....I have to appreciate anyone that can take my sarcasm and not get pissed off.....you are OK in my book....and YES, it is a scam.....;)

Most sertainly agreed! Sounds like a scam to me!;) :rolleyes:

Juggalo
10-19-2003, 12:34 PM
SCAM SCAM SCAM!

10-19-2003, 12:58 PM
ill explain the scam...same thing almost happened to me...they do send you a fake check for the outrageous amount of money they specify. It does clear into your bank account but you are never able to touch the funds untill it is completely verified by the bank which they never tell you & all you see is that you have all that money in there...well then you send them the extra money from your bank account & they get all your money & the check is fake & you are shiit out of luck

FourFiftyFour
10-19-2003, 01:00 PM
pretty much any person who is not in the US who e-mails you to buy your quad......... its a SCAM.... to this day i still get e-mails from ppl in europe and africa wanting to buy my "automobile" (my 250x that I sold on May 6) :rolleyes:

stepupmx
10-19-2003, 04:41 PM
I got an email a week ago saying someone has a brand new klx125 dirtbike for sale for $800 dollars shipped. The guy said it has never been ridden! He was in iraq :eek2:

cheetah
10-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Well we was pretty close. We figure the guy was somehow laundering(or whatever it's called) the money. We thought the money was probably somehow acquired illegally and he wanted to get part of it by sending it to me and if they traced it it would come back to me. Plus he would get a bike out of the deal. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this one and how it worked and I got that response.

LOL Jim I try not to take anyone too seriously. Besides we know how you are.:p So now someone get on there and buy my bike!!!!!:blah:

JUSTINcredible
10-19-2003, 05:08 PM
i am positive this is a scam, alot pf ppl from around minnesota have been getting the same email almost word for word