PDA

View Full Version : What's goin on w Cdale?

erac4019
10-19-2003, 07:23 AM
Does anyone really know what is going on with the Canondale line of quads. One guy say's ATK bought them another say's a Korean company did....Are they gone for good?

oldsandman
10-19-2003, 08:18 PM
ATK bought most of C-dales parts inventory and are re-selling them. Dinli Metals of Taiwan bought C-dale's intelectual property and rights to production of quads and bikes. Dinli is talking about having a prototype quad at the indy show next year. After they will be building their versions of the cannible, speed, blaze and moto quads. ATK is also rumored to be building a quad but details are unknown.

TroyLeePred03
10-19-2003, 08:32 PM
polaris bought the rights to the designs of the bike dinli bought the rights to produce them...polaris is designing a similar aluminum frame for 05 and using the motor as a basis for 05 ....there should be a VERY competative polaris racer for 05 season look for me to keep u updated on anything i hear and ill be looking into getting a pre-production model to race hopefully....TLP

erac4019
10-19-2003, 08:36 PM
See what I mean?..Everyone has a different answer:confused:

oldsandman
10-19-2003, 09:07 PM
TLP03 I suggest you check your facts.

oldsandman
10-19-2003, 09:09 PM
From Dinli USA. I hope this clears everything up about the former C-Dale. Sorry about the length but maybe it will put all ?'s to rest.

To clarify any questions that may have accured through the buy out of Cannondale by Dinli Metal and its relationship with ATK.....
At this time their is no relationship between ATK and Dinli, nor is there between ATK and Cannondale. Dinli has bought the Intellectual Propery from Cannondale to reproduce any and all products made by Cannondale associated with Motorsports, excluding bicycles. Dinli Metal is the sole owner of all rights to all Patents and trademarks previously owned by Cannondale. Dinli Metal will not be using the Cannondale name, however Dinli will be using the model names asociated with the former Cannondale product. Therefore, all 2004 models will be "DINLI BLAZE, DINLI MOTO" and so on. There will be no ATKannondale.
ATK has no rights to biuld any product patented by Cannondale nor will Dinli Metal be selling any engines or ATVs to ATK, as some of you may have assumed or been told. No legal action taken upon ATK by Dinli Metal, as it has been rumered. Dinli Metal will be producing the former Cannondale product under the Dinli Name and distributing such product world wide. Current models produced by Dinli are disbursed world wide at an extemely fast, and growing rate. Eouropean models will be street legal, where you will also find an offroad version. United States, however, will be offroad only.
Dinli plans to offer the same continued support for both the Rider and the Dealer as they have been givin by Cannondale. Dinli strives at being the best by taking care of both Dealer and Consumers. Dinli youth model ATVs were introduced in the U.S. in 2001. With the current line up, Dinli product sets the way in the Youth market by producing mini quads with the same features and more on a scaled down version. Many competitors through time have duplicated some of those features today that we had 3 years ago. The purchasing of Cannondale was not to take back to Taiwan and cheapen the product. Instead you will find that we will have corrected many of the problems that you may have had in past, and incorporate some of Taiwan's technology in both the electronics and hardware. Also, Dinli will use much of the same technology that Cannondale owners are used to in their youth models, to continue to stay ahead of the competitors as we always have. We at Dinli are excited about the purchase and hope to have all former Cannondale owners as customers soon!

TroyLeePred03
10-20-2003, 08:46 PM
i do have my facts straight but thanks for trying to prove me wrong:rolleyes:....if u looked more closely i think u would see it too....first of all cdale was on the market for a long time shifting rumors of who was making offers on them....polaris did infact jump on the offer to buy the plans for the frame, motor, and efi....also this in turn was part of the dinli deal....dinlii mini's use the same motors as the predator 90, 50 , and sportsman 90....also the kasea does too....this shows the connection between dinli and polaris just not as deep as the suzuki/kawasaki connection.....the new polaris will NOT use the same frame design as the cdale but will be based off of it...their intentions are to create their own design yet base it on the cdales to make sure its a proven race chassis, the motor also is not based on the cdale yet they r looking into how they set up the EFI on the motor because polaris has used EFI in the past on a few snowmobiles but never perfected it and never used it in the atv market..... this was all from discussions floating around the polaris race trailer and at some of the dealer events and training courses...theres no OFFICIAL word but i have noticed some of the key points in the process of the race bike...again, i will keep u guys posted on the progress of the 05 "project venom 450" they may be rumors but all the rumors seem to be true because they can all be linked to the latest events such as the dinli-cdale buy.....TLP

oldsandman
10-20-2003, 09:52 PM
I'm not trying to "prove you wrong". I'm trying to anwser a ? with the best facts I have. "their is no official word" according to you but I guess you know more than Dinlis v.p. I wish Polaris would have bought c-dale's I.P. but they didn't. Dinli did and will be producing them in the future. Do you really believe that dinli would give the sole asset they purchased from Pegasus to Polaris. Go over to the cannondaler site and let everyone in on your news. Maybe Justin and Andrea can help you out.

oldsandman
10-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Dinli Seeks Cannondale Secrets

Ehlert Powersports
Tuesday September 23, 2003

Dinli Metal Industrial Company, Ltd., a Taiwanese manufacturer of ATVs, has purchased the intellectual property associated with the motorsports division of the former Cannondale Corporation, and is now the sole owner of the property for use on a worldwide basis.

The financial details of the deal between Dinli and Moto Assets Acquisition Corp. were not disclosed. Moto Assets Acquisition Corp. was formed by private equity investment firm Pegasus Partners II, LP to acquire the assets of Cannondale Corporation’s motorsports division earlier this year.

At that time, Pegasus also formed the Cannondale Bicycle Corporation to purchase the assets of Cannondale Corporation’s bicycle division. David Uri, a partner at Pegasus and the president of Moto Asset Acquisition Corp., said that the sale to Dinli was consistent with Pegasus’ stated goal of divesting itself of the motorsports assets.

oldsandman
10-25-2003, 05:29 PM
A direct response to TLD Predator from Dinli:

More rumors..........
Dinil Metal has absolutely no affiliation with Polaris. Dinli DOES NOT use the same motor as in the Predator 90 & 50 or the Sportsman 90. As for "project venom 450" ??????? who knows???????, never heard of it. I agree with Thomez 150%

Hope this puts an end to the rumors for everyone.

Holeshot36
11-02-2003, 06:14 PM
I don't understand that because in the new atvsport mag is says:
"ATK will introduce new models in 2004, made from many of the Cannondale parts, incorporating design improvements to increase reliability. As parts and inventory are sold, ATK will begin manufacturing parts for both Cannondale and ATK products, ensuring continued availability for dealers and enthusiasts worldwide."
So which one is right?

AtvMxRider
11-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by erac4019
See what I mean?..Everyone has a different answer:confused:

Thats the internet for ya.

oldsandman
11-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Holeshot36
I don't understand that because in the new atvsport mag is says:
"ATK will introduce new models in 2004, made from many of the Cannondale parts, incorporating design improvements to increase reliability. As parts and inventory are sold, ATK will begin manufacturing parts for both Cannondale and ATK products, ensuring continued availability for dealers and enthusiasts worldwide."
So which one is right?

I know it is confusing! But what is going on is that ATK is producing quads using the parts inventory that they bought from c-dale. The design improvements are the motor mount, crank plate, breather updates. Once the frame supply runs out ATK will continue to produce or supply parts for the ATK/dales that were built. The ATK's are supposed to be availble soon at ATK dealers. I haven't been able to find out how many quads ATK will produce using c-dale frames. I've heard 118 frames were purchased by ATK from the c- dale liquidation.

Dinli will produce new dales or 2nd generation Dinli's to be introduced in february. These will be very similar to the cannondale quad but with reliabilty improvements. They are using c-dales cad-cam designs. Some changes will be shocks, tires, wheels, bars... Parts will be interchangeable dinli to c-dale.

What is happening is good news for dale owners. Their will be parts availble from ATK and Dinli. Their will be a limited number of clone quads from ATK soon. Dinli will produce 2nd generation quads avilaible from Dinli in approx. a year from now. So all in all it looks good for dale owners or future owners of ATK and Dinli.

TGW_400ex
11-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by TroyLeePred03
i do have my facts straight but thanks for trying to prove me wrong:rolleyes:....if u looked more closely i think u would see it too....first of all cdale was on the market for a long time shifting rumors of who was making offers on them....polaris did infact jump on the offer to buy the plans for the frame, motor, and efi....also this in turn was part of the dinli deal....dinlii mini's use the same motors as the predator 90, 50 , and sportsman 90....also the kasea does too....this shows the connection between dinli and polaris just not as deep as the suzuki/kawasaki connection.....the new polaris will NOT use the same frame design as the cdale but will be based off of it...their intentions are to create their own design yet base it on the cdales to make sure its a proven race chassis, the motor also is not based on the cdale yet they r looking into how they set up the EFI on the motor because polaris has used EFI in the past on a few snowmobiles but never perfected it and never used it in the atv market..... this was all from discussions floating around the polaris race trailer and at some of the dealer events and training courses...theres no OFFICIAL word but i have noticed some of the key points in the process of the race bike...again, i will keep u guys posted on the progress of the 05 "project venom 450" they may be rumors but all the rumors seem to be true because they can all be linked to the latest events such as the dinli-cdale buy.....TLP

They arent basin the motor on the C-Dales well There goes 2nd gear then 3rd then 4th then 5th then finally 1st:rolleyes:

cdalejef
11-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
They arent basin the motor on the C-Dales well There goes 2nd gear then 3rd then 4th then 5th then finally 1st:rolleyes: What do you mean? :confused:

TGW_400ex
11-05-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What do you mean? :confused:

I'm talkin about how great polaris makes standard transmissions

cdalejef
11-05-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm talkin about how great polaris makes standard transmissions OIC

11-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
ATK is also rumored to be building a quad but details are unknown.
Imagine THIS (http://www.atkusa.com/bikes/2004Models/700Itimidator.asp) engine in a C-Dale frame. Duners would go nuts!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :D

cdalejef
11-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Imagine THIS (http://www.atkusa.com/bikes/2004Models/700Itimidator.asp) engine in a C-Dale frame. Duners would go nuts!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :D You are a sick sick little man! :eek2:

XANDADA
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Imagine THIS (http://www.atkusa.com/bikes/2004Models/700Itimidator.asp) engine in a C-Dale frame. Duners would go nuts!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :D

good call! - me likes, me wants:devil:

FourFiftyFour
11-10-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm talkin about how great polaris makes standard transmissions

LMAO.... I agree.... Ive ridden two Predators.... and I totally agree

11-10-2003, 12:42 PM
with a 700cc two-stroke engine, fast would be an understatement.:devil: :D :devil: