PDA

View Full Version : paint remover

Bubba
10-19-2003, 06:16 AM
i wanna redo a set of rally wheels for my s10..who ever had them before spray painting them and it looks like crap..what would be the best remover to get all the paint off and where can i get it?

K_Fulk
10-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Aircraft stripper, you should be able to get it at any auto paint shop.

Woodsrider
10-19-2003, 08:16 AM
You're talking steel GM rally wheels right?

If so I would recommend sand blasting the old finishes off. reason being is that the paint stripper gets down into the seams of the wheels and can back leech causing the new finish to blister off.
Don't get me wrong, you can use the stripper, but it ends up being a lot more work. I have powder coated a lot of wheels for people and I speak from experiance. I only use the stipper on cast aluminum wheels. Any thing with seams gets sandblasted.

Bubba
10-19-2003, 11:14 AM
thanks for the help..how much do u think it would cost to have someone snad blast em..

K_Fulk
10-19-2003, 03:20 PM
It will be cheaper then buying a gallon of paint stripper, maybe $20

Woodsrider
10-20-2003, 07:28 AM
K_fulk is right, unless your getting your paint stripper for wholesale Like I do.:D I sublet all my wheel blasting to a sandblast shop and it sets me back $5 a wheel. More if he is removing a screw-up of mine:o

Save the paint stipper for small parts, sandblasting is very cost effective, and enviromentaly safe.