PDA

View Full Version : just dies.....

hondarider2006
10-19-2003, 01:26 AM
well this is what is happening.....I was at my girlfriends house tonight, and I went out to start my 400 and let it warm up for a little bit. Its only 20 degrees out, so I thought I would let it warm up for a little bit. I left it on 1/2 choke, and it was running good, so I went back into the house to get my gear on. When I was walking out the door, it started "chugging" I guess you could say, and than it simpley died. When I just held the starter, it wouldn't start, but if I gave it some gas, it would fire right up. And as soon as I let off, it would die again. So I figured it needed to be warmed up, and it would be fine. So I rode home, which is about a 4 mile ride, and when I stopped at home, and let off the throttle...it died...I'm not really sure what the problem is....I put some Heat in my gas, just in case I have some bad gas with water in it.....could anyone point me in the right direction of what is wrong? Thanks for any help, and sorry about the long post. I need help a.s.a.p though! Thanks in advance -Nick-

hondarider2006
10-19-2003, 01:27 AM
oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I DID turn off the choke after it died while I was letting it warm up.

10-19-2003, 01:28 AM
thats what mine did when i first got it & they sold it to me with the choke up :huh ...lol, couldnt figure it out for like 10 minutes of riding...check your carb. to make sure nothing is sticking or anything weird is going on