PDA

View Full Version : Curtis sparks timing key

Cwad_BoyEX
10-19-2003, 12:13 AM
How easy is it to install one of these keys, is it hard and do you have to run 92 octane or higher fuel for one?Do you notice a differnce in power?

stupid driver
10-19-2003, 01:11 AM
it is a great mod for mildly modded engines. On a big bore, it wont do anything. The response will be a lot quicker, you will also rev quicker. It is well worth it.

Installation is simple. It requires removing the sidecase, taking off the flywheel with the tool provided in the kit, and putting the new key in the old woodruff's place.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-19-2003, 02:00 PM
They are very easy to install and works great. Who ever said that it will not do anyhting for a big bore was wrong it has the same effect on them as a stock bike:)

stupid driver
10-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
They are very easy to install and works great. Who ever said that it will not do anyhting for a big bore was wrong it has the same effect on them as a stock bike:)

dam it, if i woulda known that i woulda bought one while the engine was torn apart. Guess i got somethin to put on my christmas list :o

mxracer111
10-19-2003, 07:54 PM
i was told by sparks racing that on bigbores, or high compression (11:1 or higher) they will overheat due to too much advance in timing. the timing key is great on mild motors however

Silverfox@C&DRacing
10-19-2003, 08:34 PM
they suggested to me not to use them in the 440. I have one in my 416 and with the colder plug and scoops it does not overheat and my compression is 11:1

Bad Habit
10-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Ya, what she said/\/\/\/\/\
I think Sparks says that to kinda cover their butt in the event that someone melted one down and blamed it on the key.
My 416 has run great for two years in the dunes with no problems. DPR9Z plug, correct jetting, scoops and 110 octane to cool the top of the piston a bit and you won't have any worries.

UglyMotha™
10-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
Ya, what she said/\/\/\/\/\
I think Sparks says that to kinda cover their butt in the event that someone melted one down and blamed it on the key.
My 416 has run great for two years in the dunes with no problems. DPR9Z plug, correct jetting, scoops and 110 octane to cool the top of the piston a bit and you won't have any worries.

yup no probs here either, running 11:1 compression and run race gas to cool the face of the piston