PDA

View Full Version : rev kits

Cwad_BoyEX
10-18-2003, 09:44 PM
What is the best rev kit that you can buy for around a 100 bucks for a 400ex and do they actually make a differenc in power, and where is the best place to buy them?

drip
10-18-2003, 10:13 PM
If I was you, I would check on eBay. I have seen them sell for around $50 for the Big Gun Rev Kit and the White Brothers Rev Kit.

cals400ex
10-18-2003, 10:53 PM
you most likely won't notice a difference in power. they will probally also give you trouble starting your bike. i got a curtis sparks box and i can start my bike just as easy now as when i had the stock one in. but, some boxes make it hard to start. they mainly just raise your rev limiter about 1K rpm's. on my built motor, i find the extra 1000 rpm's useful. however, its harder on your valves springs and the engine in general. on a stock motor, its not worth it. i think the degree key would make more of a difference than the rev box and it is only a fraction of the cost on a stock motor. i would probally spend the money elsewhere depending on your mods.

Cwad_BoyEX
10-19-2003, 01:32 PM
bump

airheadedduner
10-19-2003, 02:50 PM
I have the WB box and like it, you need to stay on top of your battery or it is not gonna start. It will not run if the battery is very low.