PDA

View Full Version : mods to go faster?

ReconRider25
10-18-2003, 06:29 PM
does anybody know of some mods i can do to make my quad faster? i went to a atv/snowmobile drag and didnt do too well.....it was my first time though and was fun...but anyways....what could i do to make it faster? im already hitting the rev limiter with what i have now. does anyone know of an aftermarket one that will fit? (also, im running 12 discs with spark arrestor on my muffler.) for my mods look at my sig.

ReconRider25
10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
anyone?

Chanman420q
10-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Bigger rear tires

cals400ex
10-18-2003, 11:13 PM
i don't know about a recon, but a cam and piston really woke my 400ex up. it was not difficult to do and wasn't that expensive. put it this way, i paid less for my cam, piston, gaskets, service manual, and boring than i did for my complete exhaust system. if you have an owners manual, you should be fine. i don't know where you would be able to find a cam for a recon, but a piston should not be that hard to find. i would think this would be your best bet for more power. good luck

josh
10-19-2003, 04:32 PM
cam/timing chain/valve springs/big bore piston/rings, port & polish, there's plenty of stuff, re-gear it, bigger tires, all in all i would just start saving money and sell the recon when you have enough to make up the difference to get a used 400ex or banshee or somethin built to go fast and have suspension to take the jumps, unless you absolutely need 4 wheel drive, save up for a bigger motor quad either way, it's alot more reliable when you do it that way

ridesa02400EX
10-19-2003, 06:45 PM
for every five stickers you put on it you get 1 hp

skemp
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by josh
all in all i would just start saving money and sell the recon when you have enough to make up the difference to get a used 400ex or banshee or somethin built to go fast

ReconRider25
10-19-2003, 07:11 PM
i think ill just keep saving.....my friends got a race ready 300ex that hes selling and after riding that i like it alot.....time to sell my recon.:(

AndrewRRR
10-19-2003, 11:22 PM
If you want to drag race mostly get a faster quad. Banshees are really responsive to mods. Of course you could also throw a street bike motor in a quad.
Oh, if you are interested in the street bike motor idea but aren't into custom fabrication, PM me (see my sig). I have one for sale. It runs VERY consistent low 5's in the 300' drags.
If you wanna stick with the recon, basically you just need to make it breathe better. Exhaust, intake, head, piston, electronics, etc. It gets really expensive and you won't find a ton of go-fast parts for a sport/ute.