PDA

View Full Version : Please help.....my new quad has the crapps...HELP FAST

400exbiggun
10-18-2003, 02:27 PM
ok, i got av warrior in a trade, but it has no power, i started a thread in bt, but got no help, can someone pleze help. will the clutch not correctly installed make it have no power...like when you give it gas, it wont spin tires...
here is the link
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=31742

josh
10-19-2003, 01:00 PM
[quote]
any way my friend thinks it is the clutch...it has 120lbs of compression
we think it is not fullu disengaging, thus no power, cause you cant pop start it, it just rolls...you can pull it in gear also...i think the new clutch was put in wrong????
[quote]

isn't that reallly low compression for a 4 stroke, I don't know what that equals as far as 10.1 or 9.1 or w/e but i think that is really low, and if u got a tick tick noise goin on your valves are probably not adjusted right and your timeing is off, go buy a manual for that thing, adjust the valves and the timeing, cuz i bet it is way off balance causing it to run way too rich wich will rob the snot outa your power if your timeing is way off, change the oil and oil filter, and if it doesn't run absolutely great after you adjust the timeing and valves and new oil/oil filter, check your jetting, it probably is too rich anyway

if all that doesn't completely solve all the problems i would say order a new piston and piston rings that are for a few bore sizes up because your cylander walls might be scratched pretty good if your compression is low, hope this helps at all, my dad used to have a warrior and it was also always hard to find neutral on that thing, same with a raptor i rode and another warrior, i think it's a yammi thing.........if your clutch is loose try adjusting the lever on the handlebar, just pull back that rubber guard around it and play with those bolts, small adjustments at a time though, it should make a big difference on when the clutch engages on those warriors and it might tighten it up some, if you got any more questions about it i might be able to help, but if not i dunno, try posting this in the powertrain department, some helpfull people over there as well

10-19-2003, 01:13 PM
yah m yfriends crapturd is always really hard to find neutral...even when he first got it.