PDA

View Full Version : swingarm help

slosh13
10-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I am looking to get my stock swingarm PC'ed over the winter and i am wanting to know how hard it is to get all the bearings and seals out of the front part of the swingarm. Is it a pain to take them out and then put them back in? I race a lot of MX so would it be a good option to look into a longer swingarm for cheap? what should i do?

K_Fulk
10-18-2003, 05:03 PM
I just get the biggest socket that fits in the front put a extension on it and beat them out. Putting them back in i press them in with a vice.
Longer swingarms are nice, but not necessary unless your breaking stockers. I think pappy has a new burgard swingarm for sale. I just sold a houser last week.

Bad Habit
10-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I just get the biggest socket that fits in the front put a extension on it and beat them out. Putting them back in i press them in with a vice.

That's exactly how I did it too. Make sure the socket is the same size as the bearing body. If you use one that is slightly smaller, you run the risk of boogering up the bearing shell, and you don't want that. I would recommend putting new ones back in, don't go cheap, it's not worth it.
BTW you have to knock the piss out of it many times before it presses out so don't be affraid of the hammer.