PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth $1800?

Trashman
10-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Is a 2000 400 worth $1800 that needs axle bearings, new battery and possibly a new frame due to many cracks that are not worth trying to weld? My brother in laws, brother in law has it for sale, and its been sitting in his garage for about a year and a half and wants to get rid of it. I figured it was a good deal, but figured id ask, and also how much for a new or used frame? Saw them on this site and service honda I think it was for anywhere from 200-600 bucks. Does that sound about right? I dont have 3 grand to spend all at once on a used 400, so I figured I could get this one, and slowly repair whats wrong with it when money isnt so tight. Used to have a real nice 400, but was STUPID and sold it, now looking for another one, and this one is cheap. Thanks.

toby400ex
10-18-2003, 10:30 AM
if it ends up thats all u have to replace to make it work it sounds like a good deal. If he really wants it gone try talking him down to 1500 though.

remlapr
10-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me - as long as you can start it and the engine is sound. You can get a used frame, get it gussetted and powder coated then switch everything over to the new frame. But I would still try to get it as cheap as you can...