PDA

View Full Version : Tires for sand

stace609
10-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey guys I just wanted your opinion on which tires I should get for my recon for riding in the sand. I don't think it can handle paddles. Any suggestions? Thanks.:cool:

Bad Habit
10-18-2003, 12:37 AM
I've got a set of Sand Devil's on the lil woman's 250EX, which is the same thing as your Recon. They're a "V" design which is less aggressive and it doesn't have any problems spinning them. They're also only 20" so that gives it a little more grunt for the sand. Also, they're one of the most inexpensive ones out.

spud400ex
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
yellow416ex, i thinnk your talking about sand sharks, devils are the strait paddles. anyways i ran my knarlys all weekend at little sahara ok and got stuck on one big dune, and twice when i was backing down dunes and got to the bottom and lost my speed. if you can find a set of cheng shin dune sliders that would probably be the best paddle for a recon. btw my cousin might be selling his.

Bad Habit
10-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by spud400ex
yellow416ex, i thinnk your talking about sand sharks, devils are the strait paddles.

You are correct, my bad. I was just testing you.:D

stace609
10-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by spud400ex
btw my cousin might be selling his.

are they used? what kind of shape are they in? i don't know anything about different tires, but my husband said it takes power to run paddles, those would be ok on my little motor? i got some stickers on it but i don't think they added as much as people say they do:blah:

spud400ex
10-23-2003, 12:08 PM
they are 21x12x8 on ITP .190. i am the only person that has used them in the last 5 or 6 years and he has had them for like 10 years. the 400ex has alittle to much power for them but they throw a nice roost. ill try to get a hold of him tonight to see if he still wants to sell them. with my ex i can barely climb any hills because they spin so easily with the hp. the rims dont look very good because they are stained with ditr. the paddles are in good shape and a recon would have enough power for them.

WickedRider
10-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Yellow416ex, are the 20's a good size for the 250? cuz im goin out to dumont in a few weeks & need some ideas on wat paddles/size to get. thanx

Bad Habit
10-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by WickedRider
Yellow416ex, are the 20's a good size for the 250? cuz im goin out to dumont in a few weeks & need some ideas on wat paddles/size to get. thanx

I think they work well on the 250. But you will need to make sure that you are close friends with the shifter. With that smaller diameter, it revs really quick and hits the limiter like a mofo. So shift and shift often is the rule with 20's in sand.
I like the fact that it allows you to lug the motor a little more since it is my wife riding it and the thought of her having to quickly down shift at the top of a dune without loosing momentum makes me like this :eek:
Hers has a Yoshi slip on and that really helped that little motor. Even with the 20's, it doesn't have any problem pulling away on the top end from a stock 250 with 22" paddles.