PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to give a thumbs up to RAD

sparky450AR
10-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Hey guys...i just wanted to tell you.....a few weeks back i bent my caliper bracket. It was an older version, so i called rad....they told me that a newer thicker caliper bracket was comming on there carriers now. They told me to send it back and they would put the new thicker bracket on for free!! So i was like awesome!

A few days they called back, a guy that worked there said that they saw that my grease zerk was alittle bent, so they were just gonna send me a new carrier!!

What a great company. If they only knew how much that kinda service helped there buiseness, i wouldnt care now if they started making carriers out of plastic, i would buy from them!!

The carrier just arrived today with a set of stickers, a new RAD mag. and a sticker price of 300$ on a brand new carrier!

Just wanted to give a thumbs up

see ya

JOEX
10-17-2003, 11:13 PM
It is nice to hear stories like this. :) Bashing companies seems to be the norm lately so this is refreshing.:)

Joe

sparky450AR
10-17-2003, 11:27 PM
It is refreshing.

I still cant believe it! lol

Greg Z
10-18-2003, 07:36 AM
what type of carrier

i got a taperd rad carrier and i also bought a rad loc nut so far so good!:p

K_Fulk
10-18-2003, 05:08 PM
They make nice stuff at good prices. I normally don't but new stuff anymore but I wouldnt think twice about buying stuff from them.

Rip_Tear
10-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Wow, that is awsome! I was planning on ordering a RAD carrier for this winters rebuild, and that is definately a boost for me to go with RAD! Thanks! :D

sparky450AR
10-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
what type of carrier

i got a taperd rad carrier and i also bought a rad loc nut so far so good!:p

yep its pro tapered....and that Loc Nut is the only way to go! Hasnt slipped once....not even on my cousins 70HP drag shee!

sparky450AR
10-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Another thing, RAD's swingarm skid plate is amazing...we switched the 416 to an AC and the AC was JUNK!! completely junk!...if you hit a rock it would bend up and cup the rotor or heat up the chain and stretch it....mostly because the part that sticks out to protect the chain and rotor is about an inch too long, theres no reason for it to stick out that far, all that does is catch more rocks, its not protecting a thing. The rad plate sticks out about an inch TOTAL!, and i barely ever have to knock it down

so what i did was cut the AC back, now it wont bend near as easy

i wish i could upload pics, this would be much easier to explain