PDA

View Full Version : FLAMING! what racing company.......

steveatv3
10-17-2003, 02:57 PM
WHAT RACING COMPANY OR RIDING TEAM do you hate the most, there is only one catch you have to right why dont you like them and you have to have personal experience with them!!

ME: I personally i do not like EASTCOASTATV I went there, not only were they unfriendly and had POOR service, but the tried INTENTIONALLY to over charge me for my goods!!! I personal think they are shady and desiving.

I am sorry to all the companys but most of you had it coming!

Dune Surfer
10-17-2003, 03:05 PM
RPS racing in Vista CA. Took forever to build my motor( It blew after a couple of months) Ruined my 02 ex motor. Complete a-holes.

flyin#5
10-17-2003, 03:06 PM
denis kirk sucks nutz.

Narly R
10-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Um does our local bike shop count!!!!!!!! They have to be teh WORSET in the WORLD!!!!! GERRRRR I HATE HATE HATE them!!!!!!!!:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Tommy 17
10-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
denis kirk sucks nutz.

can i ask why???

yes they have higher prices... but if u need a part asap and u need to know for sure the right part will come really fast they are the place to call... i've had good luck with dennis kirk but at times u may pay 5% higher or so... but at times its worth it to know they'll get ti right...

i don't deal with anyone anymore but the quadshop... they are the best people i know of... so i won't be finding any more cheap places bc i know where my business will go:macho

flyin#5
10-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
can i ask why???

yes they have higher prices... but if u need a part asap and u need to know for sure the right part will come really fast they are the place to call... i've had good luck with dennis kirk but at times u may pay 5% higher or so... but at times its worth it to know they'll get ti right...

i don't deal with anyone anymore but the quadshop... they are the best people i know of... so i won't be finding any more cheap places bc i know where my business will go:macho

paying 70$ for holeshots is called a rip off. some things are fair prices. i got my shocks from there and they were the same price everywhere else. and yea its fast plus i can go 45min and be there. but still there prices suck and it takes forever to get your stuff when you go there.

FourFiftyFour
10-17-2003, 05:08 PM
K&K ATV..... I called them just to simply ask if they still had their cannondale graphic kits... and the guy rudely said No, goodbye and hung up...... HE WAS VERY RUDE :mad: :mad:

AtvMxRider
10-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
K&K ATV..... I called them just to simply ask if they still had their cannondale graphic kits... and the guy rudely said No, goodbye and hung up...... HE WAS VERY RUDE :mad: :mad:

I've always had good luck with them. I've bought several things from them.

Narly R
10-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Ya its weird, some people can get along with a place well, and some cant, sometimes its the costumer, sometimes its luck...:ermm:

ewalker302
10-18-2003, 01:29 AM
I've lived in a few different places &

Most local dealers suck ***

way way overpriced

Shop managers are usually Jerks who are more worried about what they are getting for lunch than a customer problem.

+ Most of the guys working back in the shop dont know their *** from a hole in the ground.

I've just had a lot of bad experiences.
Basically I get "If you arent planning to buy a new bike go talk to the jerk over there who dont know how to work on anything except to change oil & tires"

I once went into a shop--I needed to have some bearing races pulled & The new races pressed in.......simple right?

I had the part completley broken down ready to go in the vice.

Well after the parts desk guy couldn't tell me anything he got the shop manager.

I wait for like 20 minutes getting pissed

Then he finally shows.

Me--"About how much will this run"?

Shop Manager-- (Ahole tone) "We work by the hour son it may take 30 min & it may take 8 hours". Then he walks off.

Desk Guy-- "So you want me to make up a work order"

Me-- (loud)"F no if this SOB is telling me it may take 8 hours to pull out & put in a set of bearing races, then nobody here is touchin any of my sh*t".

Then I gave the sales manager a look like --Please say something else to me you fat *******-- Then left.

Anyway, so I went to the local rent all to rent some bearing pullers & their shop guy did the job in 10 min in his shop & charged me 10 bucks.

Nothing pisses me off more than an *** at a place I may spend money at.

:bandit:

Giz400ex
10-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
K&K ATV...

and Nacs! Both are very rude and it seems like we should be thanking them for letting us shop there or something. Both companies are way over priced!

steveatv3
10-18-2003, 08:45 AM
a live abot a little more than an hour fram K$K and nac's i think they do business very well and both prices are competitive

300exQuadracer
10-18-2003, 08:52 AM
my local championship powersports got a new owner and evre since then the place has gone down hill, the service sucks nobody knows anything accept the mechanic and i would rather go somewhere else now

cheetah
10-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Our local dealers are asses too. I will have to say that I don't care for Nac's either. They are overpriced, but I ordered some stuff from there once and they only sent out half my order. That killed a week. I call them back and they say "well I don't know they must have been on backorder or something, but we have them now." So it took me two weeks to get my parts and I would bet money they never were on backorder. Someone just dropped the ball and didn't send it all.

I'm with Tommy though, Quadshop all the way. Jeff is a great guy and takes care of his customers. Him and Rocky Mountain ATV gets a big thumbs up from me.

bigbadbrad
10-18-2003, 09:21 AM
the nearest honda dealer to me in the USA is an hour away,(the one in candad is much beter service and only 15 minutes away) got bought by a car dealer across the street so even if you go to just get a part, there is a salesman trying to sell you a atv or sled or bike, and then when you get to the parts counter the parts guy does not know jack crap about motorcycles, atvs or sleds. I broke may stock axle carrier so i went on and asked how much a new axle carrier would cost. and i qoute "Ah, do you mean a swing arm?" i said no an axle carrier, it holds the axle and the berrings. So he pulled up the parts diagram on the computer, and i had to point out to him what it was. and he ;ooks up the price, $250 for a stock axle carrier. so I asked him if he could get an aftermarket axle carrier and he says "Parts like that you can not get aftermarket, it is like trying to get a car door for a ford, you have to go to ford for that, so do you want me to order it" I said nope and walked out.

phatswinn
10-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
denis kirk sucks nutz.

i crashed and snapped my pipe off the hangers..they sent me a new one overnight and i made the race the next morning no questions asked,no money either, i sent them the broken pipe a day later and it was fine

Ralph
10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
i didnt send 2 sets of front shocks and one rear shock to thw quadshop for no reason,,, QUADSHOP IS tHE SHIAT...

mrusk
10-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Most local dealerships do suck. I work at a dealership at the parts counter. Yes aftermarket part cost alot at a dealership. But think about it, you don't have to pay shipping. If you order from Nacs or something, the miniumum shipping charge is like 8 bucks.

However, most of the aftermarket stuff we sell is still way over priced. The reason for that is because Parts Unlimited go some F'd up prices. Dealer cost on a pair of turf tamers is through PU is the same as the retail price from RMATV. Parts Unlimited has some screwed up pricing. So do all the other catologs dealers uses such as Tucker Rocky, Marshalls, Western Powersports. No one intellegent buys aftermarket parts at a dealership. Who in their right minds would pay 102 bucks for a holeshot.

Our dealership is family run. Too bad it aint my family tho. We have a good parts department and service department. We got more parts in stock then most dealers do. Our service rate is 60 bucks an hour. If we do a job thats suppose to take 2 hours, but for some reason we screw up and it takes us 3.25 hours, we only charge the customer for 2.

matt

airheadedduner
10-18-2003, 07:51 PM
I have a few local dealers that are awesome. If I go on the net and find a part for cheap, they will do what they can to try to match it. They have saved my weekend many times. When I broke a ball joint on my leager's a-arms the guy spent 45min on the phone, he called leager's, coundn't get one from them, then called around and found for me what automotive ball joint was the same and got me directions to a place that sold it. Ball Joint$25+$25cod from leager's, outer tie rod end for 68' VW bug-17.50. And I didn't even buy the part from the dealer.

I hate CT racing, 4 weeks for a headgasket is pathetic:rolleyes: And receaving my cylinder and not notifying me that I got it, I waited 5 weeks, thought the usps lost it, then I call them and they say, oh, we have it:mad:

crday98
10-19-2003, 10:01 AM
a few years ago i bought a used a-arm and light bar/cover for my warrior from East Coast ATV.the light bar was rusted,bent and kinked and looked 100 times worse than my bent one i wanted to replace.i spent til the early hours in the morning in the freezing cold trying to install the a-arm because my friends had a big ride planned for the next day only to find out that the arm was bent and that is why the bolts wouldn't line up.i called them the next day they were open and the guy told me"hey,you are buying used.you can't expect the stuff you bought to be like bran new.:mad: i said"listen jackass,there's a difference between used and completely fuggin useless!!!after some argueing they sent me another light bar that was fairly decent but didn't have an a-arm.they wouldn't give me my money back for the a-arm,they said they could only give me credit for the price of the arm and nothing for my aggravation or i could wait for them to get one and they'll send it.i was a much more laid back person then and took the credit only for them to over-charge me for a headlight a few months down the road.this place is piss poor to deal with and they will never get another penny from me even if they have the best price on what i am looking to buy.
as far as local shops there are quite a few in my area (7 all within 20 min driving time) and only two(Gap Racing and Bowers) are excellent to deal with.some may not be the cheapest with certain things but the cheapest with others and as far as the service that goes with them,they will the only two that will get my money.

ex kid
10-19-2003, 05:04 PM
i might bash ur facken head in if you talk shat on east coast again.

Giz400ex
10-19-2003, 05:38 PM
:mad: :confused:

LTandRaptorider
10-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by ex kid

Why, because the truth hurts??? :mad: I've had pretty much the same experience with them, and the guys at East Coast definitely have a 'I don't give a sh*t' attitude. They don't give refunds on parts... I understand you're buying used parts, but they are supposed to be usable! The best practice is not to buy used anyway, I guess...

steveatv3
10-19-2003, 06:16 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

LTandRaptorider!!!!

dude that want to bash my head in whats your name i probably know u if ur with hellbound and them

Guy400
10-19-2003, 06:25 PM
i might bash ur facken head in if you talk shat on east coast again. Something tells me no you won't. This is a perfectly fine thread where people are telling their stories of poor service, etc. based on personal experiences. This isn't mindless bashing of a company, we wouldn't allow it here. With that being said, read Rule #1 at the bottom of the page.

steveatv3
10-19-2003, 06:26 PM
well said GUY400!!!!

LTandRaptorider
10-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
well said GUY400!!!!

Exactly! Now if he wanted to back up his mindless threat, I believe steveatv3 would have more people behind him, than this guy standing up for East CoastATV!! That said, I think it can be said about most companies that some have good experiences with them, while others have bad. Someone else on here doesnt like Dennis Kirk, while I've had nothing but good luck with them. Some companies however, have a higher bad to good ratio... ;)

AtvMxRider
10-19-2003, 07:52 PM

With a name like ex kid I doubt you have enough ***** to back it up:rolleyes: .

airheadedduner
10-20-2003, 10:59 AM

Now thats not to smart. Consider this if you are actully sponsered by East Coast ATV, I am assuming that cause they are in your sig. The mods can find out who you are by accessing your ip#. They can then email your sponsers, with a link to this page, and show them how you are representing their company. Not a boat you want to be in huh?? Keep it cool, just cause you happen to do well by them don't mean everyone else does:rolleyes: The last time someone came on bashing a company (LSR) Dan Fisher came on here to address the issues.

jlhughes750
10-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that KID was outta line, i don't think he'll be posting caring messages like that on here anytime soon. That was outta line EX Kid!!!!!!!!

I have had good experience's with ECATV. Thats all i need to say about that. I have had very very bad experiences with other companys, that far out weighed not being helped right away or haveing parts shipped wrong. I prefer to move on to someone who can be more accomadating to my situation. I plan on being involved in this sprot my entire life. A WORD TO U GUYS!!! don't burn bridges, what comes around goes around and it might not seem this way now, but someday u might need something and there'll be nowwhere else to turn.. thats what i like about ECATV.

ECATV is the largest ATV racing and sport retailer in the country!! When u have that many customers to serve a few might no see things your way, its bound to happen. I hope Steve ATV3 has better experience's in the future. I sure hope he finds someone he's happy dealing with, and gives them props!! instead of spreading negative advertisement to the ones that have pi$$ed u off, write sponsorship letters and try to get better deals in the future. then get on here and let us all know how happy u are with your parts guys and sponsors!!!!! Good Luck Steveatv3!!!

ex kid
10-20-2003, 01:24 PM
everytime i have dealt with them its been good.

the guys you talk to on the phone are people and have bad days. i work at a shop in the parts department. if i have a bad day and im a jerk to someone on the phone why do you let that be your image of the shop from now on. and another thing. in the motorcycle business the customer is almost NEVER RIGHT! so its immpossible to work with some people. if you work in a shop you know that most of the time your doing 10 things at once. ordering parts answering phone writing workorders. etc etc. :eek2:

Jennys440'Dale
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
my local championship powersports got a new owner and evre since then the place has gone down hill, the service sucks nobody knows anything accept the mechanic and i would rather go somewhere else now

Who are you talking about? I live in NW Ohio too!

QuadRacer041
10-20-2003, 07:48 PM
i had a major refund problem with k&k atv, dont really feel like opening up a can of worms, most know the story alrwady but if u want to know, do a search on gibson and k&k and youll get all the info.
i would just be care when you need to deal with getting a refund from them.

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-20-2003, 07:54 PM
on 2 occasions that i called k&k for a price on a part i was put on hold and eventually hung up on...they can suck the big one:mad:

swamprider7
10-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Jennys440'Dale
Who are you talking about? I live in NW Ohio too!

He is talking about Championship Powersports in Wauseon, Ohio. They are under new ownership, but I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Jim (the owner) is a great guy to deal with. I bought a new stock front fender for my 400 from him and he matched service honda's price! Saved me some cash because I didn't have to pay shipping.

Dan_Guetter
10-20-2003, 11:50 PM
I used to work for a yamaha polaris suzuki dealership working at the parts counter, the only way to get cheap parts, is you gotta work there, otherwise the average customer gets jacked......we sucked, i hated it........glad im not working there anymore.....other guys at the parts counter will understand...it seems like a sweet job, but after 4 months of working there, you wanna start bashing heads.........I HATE RUDE CUSTOMERS....

You can't help what the price is....its always gonna be the same(OEM) parts are the worst!

Evan
10-20-2003, 11:52 PM
everytime i have dealt with them its been good.

the guys you talk to on the phone are people and have bad days. i work at a shop in the parts department. if i have a bad day and im a jerk to someone on the phone why do you let that be your image of the shop from now on. and another thing. in the motorcycle business the customer is almost NEVER RIGHT! so its immpossible to work with some people. if you work in a shop you know that most of the time your doing 10 things at once. ordering parts answering phone writing workorders. etc etc. :eek2:

I dont know much, Im just barely out of my teens-but I did learn in school that in business-the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT-that is if you want to stay in business very long. A company is not made or lost on a initial sale-its the return customers that keep a business going.

I would rather lose 30bucks on a part and gain that persons repeat business which equals more money in the long run. They will remember that and spread the word to their buddies which means more sales. Some of these companies need to go back to business school if they want to stay open very long. Either way-Id rather pay a higher price with better service than a lower price with crappy service.

BTW-even if you are having a bad day-it gives you no right to be a jerk to the customer.

batgeek
10-21-2003, 12:07 AM
in the motorcycle business the customer is almost NEVER RIGHT!

this just took my "The Most Idiotic Thing I've Seen Posted on EXRiders.com" award.

Evan hit it on the head...repeat customers makes $$$. treat em right, do what they ask(even though it may not make sense to you), and they will come back.

i'm not ever going with ECATV for anything just because of the amount of negative replies i've read here in this thread. i don't want to be another statistic.

that's one less customer for them.

Plante400
10-21-2003, 06:48 AM
I was just thinking about making a trip down to Mass to check out K&K. For the most part, are they good to deal with or not? I live almsot more than 4 hours away and i dont want to have to go returning stuff... ugh
Thanks alot

jcv400ex
10-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
I used to work for a yamaha polaris suzuki dealership working at the parts counter, the only way to get cheap parts, is you gotta work there, otherwise the average customer gets jacked......we sucked, i hated it........glad im not working there anymore.....other guys at the parts counter will understand...it seems like a sweet job, but after 4 months of working there, you wanna start bashing heads.........I HATE RUDE CUSTOMERS....

You can't help what the price is....its always gonna be the same(OEM) parts are the worst!

Yeah, prices usually suck. We don't make a dime on OEM Polaris/Artic Cat parts. People still yell about the prices, I can't help what they charge me. You'll always have that though.

I do have to say, Customer Service is ALWAYS first! You have to take care of the customers or someone else will. I've lost money on certain dealings with people, but at least I made a sale, and they'll be back to get other things. Once companies get too large, they kinda loose the Customer Service outlook. There is always someone else calling on the phone to replace the one they'll loose by not taking the time to work out their problems.

ex kid
10-21-2003, 07:39 AM
most customers think they know what they are talking about and 60% of the time they dont. we are in the business to help them and get them the parts that they need not so they buy the wrong oil filter for their raptor and come back in an hour asking me why i gave them the wrong part. if he asks for a 3FV and i know its a 5DM and i cant talk him out of it thats his problem. like the other day a guy came in and wanted me to order a FMF Phatty for his Raptor and was very insistant that they made it. He was wrong and i showed him the Powerbomb system with the Ti4 can. with the being a jerk thing. no body wants to give you a hard time and be a jackass to you but think about if it was your job. you really think you could keep your cool 24/7. i treat customers in my shop better than anyony else there. if your a regular or i know you race its automatic 15% or more off. i have yet to fip out ona customer. its just some people are too hard headed and cant face their wrong. i dont know everything int he world but if the customer wants me to find out somthing... ill do it.

ex kid
10-21-2003, 07:49 AM
you really shouldnt let one bad phone call change your opinion on any shop. give them a chance and call back.working in shop causes alot of commotion and is very streeful since most shops are understaffed and there is alot going on at all times.(put yourself on the other side of the counter for once) if we're busy and i get a call that i cant take i ask if i can call them back in 10 mins and i get their number and do that.

9/10 customers will go where they can get parts cheap.
10/10 racers will go where the parts are when they need them.

to get repeat customers you need to remeber names and remeber what bike the own and stock the parts that commenly break. a 10% discount doesnt hurt if they are a regular.

East Coast Atv and K and K Atv are first class operations that are very busy and hecktic to work at. give them a call back and you may change your mind.

P.S. i am not sponserd or do not ride for Hellbound Racing. I like to show support for the local race teams.

300exQuadracer
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by swamprider7
He is talking about Championship Powersports in Wauseon, Ohio. They are under new ownership, but I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Jim (the owner) is a great guy to deal with. I bought a new stock front fender for my 400 from him and he matched service honda's price! Saved me some cash because I didn't have to pay shipping.

yea, but the parts kid bryce something is more worthless than a pile of shididdle
the old parts guy phil weise was the best guy ever he knew if something was in stock without haveing to search for 2 hours,

true story the other day i called them up for some 250r axle bearings, i asked if they had any in stock, took him 2 second to say no we dont have any so i asked him again and said they are similar to the 400ex if not the same he goes and actually looks this time comes back and was like o i guess we have 4 sets of bearings and 5 sets of seals in stock ya need em, i was like yea but i`m taking my business elsewhere because you dont know a bearing from a lugnut and hung up on him

FourFiftyFour
10-21-2003, 11:52 AM
you really shouldnt let one bad phone call change your opinion on any shop. give them a chance and call back.
East Coast Atv and K and K Atv are first class operations that are very busy and hecktic to work at. give them a call back and you may change your mind.

I will not call people that wont give me the time of day, I know of much nicer people that would LOVE to help me out... why call some jerk... and give my hard earned money to him? I definitely dont want to be supporting their rudeness... as far as being "first class operations," any "first class" place will be acting as if you are their only customer... And if they are too busy then they should hire more people.... oh wait.. they might not be making enough money to do that since they keep losing customers due to RUDENESS on their part.

Quad18star
10-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Who ever said the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT is wrong . I would have to say 3/4 of the customers that I serve at the parts counter for the company I work for are usually wrong . They think they know what they need in terms of parts but they usually don't . Don't get me wrong , you need to treat them as though they are right so that you don't lose customers , but when you've worked at a parts counter and you know that the front end of a Yamaha Big Bear uses such and such a bearing and the customer will tell you it's not that one , and he wants a different one , then the next day he ends up returning it and yelling at you , it goes to show that the customer is not always right . The same thing goes for Polaris Quads . It may look like a Polaris Sportsman hasn't changed in the last 4 years , but thats BS cuz they have . Try explaining that to a hard headed customer , it gets frustrating . I know how it is when you have a bad day . It takes only one person to ruin your day. Running for the phones , creating orders, serving people , making trips back and forth between different locations gets stressful once in a while . Just take the time and don't lose it on the person you're talking to on the phones . I know how it is to have someone lose it on me and listen to them yell and scream in my ear for 15 minutes cuz the chain i sold him didn't have a master link . You tell this person that you're more than willing to give one to him the next time he comes in , but he tells you you'll never have his business and he's not driving 20 minutes to get the link . Well to people like that , I dont see the point in calling and yelling at me for it . Worst people to deal with are Snowmobilers , Dirtbike guys , then the ATV guys . They always want their parts now and at the best prices .

ex kid
10-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Who ever said the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT is wrong . I would have to say 3/4 of the customers that I serve at the parts counter for the company I work for are usually wrong .

THIS GUY IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

Giz400ex
10-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Still, you can't yell back at a customer!!! That is wrong! You can ignore the yelling but you can't yell back! You keep on yelling back and you'll slowly see a lack of traffic going in and out of your place of business. Words travel fast around a town or city and the next thing you know, you have no customers:( A business isn't going to last long if you keep on yelling back. If it was my business and somebody that worked for me was yelling back at a costumer, sorry........bye-bye! If ya can't handle it then get a different job because obviously you don't have the right temperment for that job. There are other alternatives on how to avoid or ignore conflicts with customers. Yelling back is not one of them!!!!!

Quad18star
10-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Giz400ez. I agree with you about not yelling back at customers . I haven't yelled at a customer and probably never will for the sake of keeping my job . But sometimes you feel like you want to just to get it through their thick skulls. Our company prides itself on customer satisfaction and we have a " customer comes first" attitude , that is why we are Canada's Leader in Aftermarket Parts and Accessories. It's a pain in the butt when you do have someone return a part or an accessory because they are blamming you for giving them the wrong part and all along they didn't want to take the one you know is correct because they " know" what they need . The customer is not always right when it comes to logics of parts but they are always right when it coems to service.

crday98
10-21-2003, 05:25 PM
first EX kid,
were both from PA so if you think you have what it takes...try me! you can PM me with your # or a time and place to meet. if not "most likely" admit you are a moron and go on thinking EC is the god of all ATV companies.
as for the customer is almost always wrong and other horse crap you posted... i know the A-arm they sent was bent period!i know the light bar they sent was a rusted bent and kinked POS too.they didn't deny it but refused to correct their mistake without compensating me for my trouble and time or give me my money back for something i purchased but they did not have or know when they could get one. as far as their bad day and having the right to be pissy to me... this is almost the most bumbest thing you have said.i am the customer,the one paying them money to make them money.if i am not treated with respect,they won't make any money off me in the future nor anyone i know.that my clueless friend is a loss of cash in their pocket and treating more people like me is gonna make them lose even more.eventually they won't have any or very little customers and will go out of business because they wouldn't make enough to pay the electrical bill.
think what you want kid,if you have great business from them,good for you.i con only post my experience with them which wasn't a good one;)

LTandRaptorider
10-21-2003, 05:49 PM
I think we can all agree that some customers just can't be pleased, and working in a customer service environment can suck. But if you can't handle it, then it's time to get a job where your skills would be put to better use. exkid told someone not to judge a company by one bad phone call. I disagree, sometimes that's all you get with a customer, is one chance. The best qualified customer service people should be at the counter, and manning the phone, however this is all too often not the case. I'll grant you that the customer is not always right, nor may they always know best what part they need for their machine. The distinction is, you TREAT them like they are always right. When they've left with their purchase, then you talk to your buddies about what a dipsh*t they were. I have always done my own work on my quads and am pretty knowledgable about them. I've encountered several kids behind the counter that are less than knowledgable, and it can be frustrating. That's the other side of the coin. If I find a company that treats me well, I'll always go back, even though their prices may be higher than someone with shoddy customer service, but cheaper prices. I ordered a used tie rod from a company,(not East CoastATV) it arrived with a big tear in the boot. I called the company up and explained to the guy about the boot. His response? "Yeah?" I said yeah, it's not supposed to have a tear in it, let's all the grease out. His response? "Yeah?" I replied that I didn't want the tie rod, it can't be used, asked if he had another one. He said nope, that's all they got. I will say they let me return it, but they never should've sold it in the first place. Do you think I'll go back to them? Nope. I've worked in customer service before, and I do again now. It can be very tough dealing with some people, and some just can't be pleased no matter what you do for them. I believe they're in the minority. What we're talking about here is the general method of how some companies operate, not an anomaly of someone having a bad day. treat every customer like they are your bread and butter... because they are. And exkid, if that's truly your philosophy that the customer is never right, then your skills would be better served elsewhere. That's not really a criticism, just a fact that some aren't cut out for customer service. I'm borderline... so far I've managed to keep my condescending attitute towards a difficult customer away from them. well, hope you all enjoyed reading my book! :D

LTandRaptorider
10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by crday98
first EX kid,
were both from PA so if you think you have what it takes...try me! you can PM me with your # or a time and place to meet. if not "most likely" admit you are a moron and go on thinking EC is the god of all ATV companies.
as for the customer is almost always wrong and other horse crap you posted... i know the A-arm they sent was bent period!i know the light bar they sent was a rusted bent and kinked POS too.they didn't deny it but refused to correct their mistake without compensating me for my trouble and time or give me my money back for something i purchased but they did not have or know when they could get one. as far as their bad day and having the right to be pissy to me... this is almost the most bumbest thing you have said.i am the customer,the one paying them money to make them money.if i am not treated with respect,they won't make any money off me in the future nor anyone i know.that my clueless friend is a loss of cash in their pocket and treating more people like me is gonna make them lose even more.eventually they won't have any or very little customers and will go out of business because they wouldn't make enough to pay the electrical bill.
think what you want kid,if you have great business from them,good for you.i con only post my experience with them which wasn't a good one;)

Damn, some people just don't think before they speak! I wondered how long before you ripped his @ss for his comment!! :D

AtvMxRider
10-21-2003, 06:50 PM
most customers think they know what they are talking about and 60% of the time they dont. .

well I can tell you that 90% of the dumbasses behind the counter have no ****ing idea what they are doing. So don't give me that **** that the customer is always wrong:grr: . It's pretty bad when you go into a Honda dealer and ask for a main jet for a 400ex and "Nobody" in the place know's what kind of carb is on it.

jasoncarr25
10-21-2003, 06:50 PM
i also wont ever buy from eastcoast atv again. bought nerfs from there and no lie it took 4 months for me to finally have to cancell my order. so far DUNCAN RACING is the BEST to deal with.

CHAR250R
10-22-2003, 11:56 AM
I've been ordering stuff from Duncan for years. Never a problem. Always good customer service. Always. I must of asked Lenny Duncan a million questions by now, some of them twice and he is always helpful and NEVER has an attitude. Some of the other shops should take lessons from them. :D

jja125
10-22-2003, 04:47 PM
somewhat off the subject, but i saw a local dealer's webpage the other night and they had i think a 99 400ex for sale with whitebros' plastic & graphics, works shocks, race rims, and maybe a pipe, and they had it listed for $9800.00 :huh

it makes me sad to think that somebody somewhere might actually pay that much for that thing. it said "race ready" in the description. :rolleyes:

steveatv3
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
YUP i wanted to trade in my 300ex with just minor things on it, they offered me **** and they jacked the price to 4G it had nerfs and a bumper and jets, filter

nuclearkielbasa
10-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
well I can tell you that 90% of the dumbasses behind the counter have no ****ing idea what they are doing. So don't give me that **** that the customer is always wrong:grr: . It's pretty bad when you go into a Honda dealer and ask for a main jet for a 400ex and "Nobody" in the place know's what kind of carb is on it.

This is VERY true at a lot of places, and not just bike shops. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to an auto parts store and had some little $5.50/hr POINDEXTER tell me which parts I wanted! (I'm a professional mechanic) Just last week, I walked into Carquest and asked for one EC RY-46, which some of you may know is a standard "fitzall" electronic relay. Of course, since I was born LAST night, he doubts me and hops on the computer to look up my relay by application. To make a long story short, I let the little azzhole search for 1/2 hour for a "thermostatic transmission temperature control relay" for a 1977 Trans Am. The manager just grinned and grabbed my relay from the shelf while the little pecker head blew his mind out searching for a part that doesn't exist. You really want to have fun with the little dip****s, go in and ask them for a vacuum modulator for a 1994 Chevy K1500 with a 700R4 transmission.

Here's a little hint for all you wanna-be's behind the counter. Just give the costomer what they ask for and smile! If their parts are wrong, then OH FRICKIN WELL.... that's their own damn fault now, isn't it? If they honestly wanted or needed your expertise or opinion, they'd ask for it! And remember, there's a million kids who would just love to have YOUR job, and YOU ARE REPLACEABLE!

LTandRaptorider
10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jja125
somewhat off the subject, but i saw a local dealer's webpage the other night and they had i think a 99 400ex for sale with whitebros' plastic & graphics, works shocks, race rims, and maybe a pipe, and they had it listed for $9800.00 :huh

it makes me sad to think that somebody somewhere might actually pay that much for that thing. it said "race ready" in the description. :rolleyes:

Wasn't Bentley's, was it? Someone trade their 400ex for a YFZ... :devil:

AtvMxRider
10-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by nuclearkielbasa
This is VERY true at a lot of places, and not just bike shops. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to an auto parts store and had some little $5.50/hr POINDEXTER tell me which parts I wanted! (I'm a professional mechanic) Just last week, I walked into Carquest and asked for one EC RY-46, which some of you may know is a standard "fitzall" electronic relay. Of course, since I was born LAST night, he doubts me and hops on the computer to look up my relay by application. To make a long story short, I let the little azzhole search for 1/2 hour for a "thermostatic transmission temperature control relay" for a 1977 Trans Am. The manager just grinned and grabbed my relay from the shelf while the little pecker head blew his mind out searching for a part that doesn't exist. You really want to have fun with the little dip****s, go in and ask them for a vacuum modulator for a 1994 Chevy K1500 with a 700R4 transmission.

Here's a little hint for all you wanna-be's behind the counter. Just give the costomer what they ask for and smile! If their parts are wrong, then OH FRICKIN WELL.... that's their own damn fault now, isn't it? If they honestly wanted or needed your expertise or opinion, they'd ask for it! And remember, there's a million kids who would just love to have YOUR job, and YOU ARE REPLACEABLE!

Amen.:)

Giz400ex
10-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by nuclearkielbasa
YOU ARE REPLACEABLE!

I will also say AMEN!!:D

jja125
10-23-2003, 10:10 AM
no it wasn't bentley's if i remember right. they are ok to deal with. i've never tried to get anything from the parts dept. though - but thats where i bought all my bikes and quads other than my 400ex and they were ok. thinking about trading my yz426 in on either a yfz at bentleys or going to this honda/yamaha shop up here where i'm working and trading it in on a new trx450r. i took my yz to z&m once to try and trade it in and they told me it needed "work" cause the chain was loose and barely offered me anything for it - it is mint and still has the nubs on the original tires :huh

LTandRaptorider
10-23-2003, 10:31 AM
I bought a quad from Bentley's a long time ago, and get parts from them occassionally, they're ok to deal with. Z&M is one place I will never set foot in again. Long story there... end result was shady dealing when I bought my Raptor from them. When I lived in Lower Burrell, I used to get parts from Gatto's. They treated me pretty good, and gave me 15% off on parts. I like the new shop in Delmont, Down and Dirty Racing. Small shop, but very friendly amd helpful.

jja125
10-23-2003, 10:53 AM
yeah down & dirty's pretty good and only 2min from my house now so i've been buying filters and junk like that from them lately. i've never bought anything real pricey from them though. i went into gatto's once ready to write out a check for a harley and the salespeople wouldn't even talk to me cause i guess they thought i looked too young to afford one so i walked out and never went back. went to Cerini's the next day and rode out with my nightrain. too bad for them.

10-23-2003, 11:16 AM
:bandit:

cody anderson
10-23-2003, 11:26 AM
A peice of advise... The ATV racing industry is very small compared to other industrys... Do talk bad about any company... it gets around fast to all the other ones... Then who wants to sponsor you? I would't for fear that they would one day say the same about me!

86350x
10-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Well Most local dealerships have garbage service. I usually only go through a local shop, because I'm freinds with the owner. When I bought my last new bike (wr426) the people at the dealership were pretty stupid. They were freindly the first day, but after I bought the bike (I brought them down in price) they pretended they didn't remeber me buying the bike next time I went in there.

The sales lady with the big wide butt likes to hit on the customers for the sale evidently (Yuck!). The only good thing that came out of that deal was a low bike price. I'll never go back there though, due to the lack of help and some of the attitudes there. Asking around I've heard the same thing has happened to others that have dealt with them. They don't even know how to order parts also! I had to go behind the counter and order my own stuff!

I ordered some aftermarket stuff for my banshee with some luck from a shop out west. Everything went well except for the fullbore plastic. He messed up my order, but sent me the right stuff a couple of weeks later. I still have an extra fullbore hood sitting in my basement den, waiting for it's return shipping lable. I want that dam thing outa here by next week!

And is he doesn't start answering my e-mails there's gonna be trouble! If he comes through on this transaction, I'll give shops out west another chance.:mad:

jja125
10-23-2003, 12:51 PM
i agree rico - that's where all my bigger ($$) stuff comes from. C&D has been good to me also - sending me stuff in like 2 days so i can make it to a race & stuff like that. so they both get most of my business.

LTandRaptorider
10-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jja125
yeah down & dirty's pretty good and only 2min from my house now so i've been buying filters and junk like that from them lately. i've never bought anything real pricey from them though. i went into gatto's once ready to write out a check for a harley and the salespeople wouldn't even talk to me cause i guess they thought i looked too young to afford one so i walked out and never went back. went to Cerini's the next day and rode out with my nightrain. too bad for them.

yep, their loss! It's amazing the attitude some sales people have, wonder how they stay in that line of work... I also live about 2 minutes from Down and Dirty. Been here almost a year, wish I had a place to ride right from my house. Couple of times I've seen kids go down the road on bikes, but I have no idea where they go! I live on Rock Springs Dr., they go down Christy, which runs in to Rock Springs Rd. There's a farm just down the road, but no trails that I've seen. So I trailer the quad everywhere, I'm hoping to get out to Hunker for a little ride this weekend.

86350x
10-24-2003, 02:20 AM
I'll give him until next wendsday, If I get one more un-answered pm or e-mail, the public bashing is going to begin!

I ordered a grand worth of stuff from the place!:mad:

Not answereing e-mails or pms is rude, pisses me off:grr:

LTandRaptorider
10-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
I'll give him until next wendsday, If I get one more un-answered pm or e-mail, the public bashing is going to begin!

I ordered a grand worth of stuff from the place!:mad:

Not answereing e-mails or pms is rude, pisses me off:grr:

I have a swingarm that's waiting for a return label! They took two months to build me the wrong one, finally three weeks after that they sent the right one, but still no brown truck to pick up the other one... I even reminded them a couple of times. My e-mails went unanswered until I realized I wasn't using the right words... the last e-mail got answered ASAP!! :devil:

Good luck on your stuff.

86350x
10-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Lol, I didn't start swearing yet.

I had nothing but good things to say about the company and the person involved until I got some read, but unanswered pm's and mail. A month is being more then patient also.

I just gave him a public shoutout on a forum he and alot of his cotumers hang out on. He finally answered.

When I get the stainless grill, I will have the box re weighed with the noce peice and the grill. That way I can send the 2 items back together.(his cost)

Lol congrats on getting your swinger sent back, if I had any additional credit card charges for something I didn't order, heads would be rolling:mad: :macho

ghak99
10-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I haven't done business with a lot of companies, but

Dennis Kirk: seems to be the fastest around

Magic racing: very helpful and a decent price

Web cams: Knows there stuff

Just my 2 cents!

crday98
11-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by ghak99
I haven't done business with a lot of companies, but

Dennis Kirk: seems to be the fastest around