PDA

View Full Version : what do u guys thing? YZ250F?

honda_250x_87
10-17-2003, 12:24 PM
what do u guys think about the yz250f? i want to start racing.. but i ride with friends a little bit, so i'd rather the 4 stroke. what do u guys think?

ScooterX
10-17-2003, 10:14 PM
I can't tell you enough good things about the bike. SOOO easy to ride and easy to learn on. The seat height is kind of tall for a lot of people, but if you're like me (6'3") that won't be a problem and in fact it'll probably fit you better. They are easy to maintain, easy to control, corner, and jump, and just all around a great bike. Is this going to be your first bike? If so, feel free to holla at me. I made the switch from quads to bikes pretty recently so I kind of know what to expect and stuff.

If you wanna holla at me, my AOL S/N is MPeteyPabloX and my MSN messenger e-mail thing is taz_ex@hotmail.com

You WON"T be dissappointed w/ the 2fiddy.

4TraxRider
10-20-2003, 11:20 AM
If it's your first bke and you want to stil ride trails with your friends, take a look at the WR250F, they aren't that much different, but a lot more trail friendly and are still force on the track.

RED121572
10-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Ive seen the Yamaha dog 450's at the races. The machines and the riders aboard them were VERY fast.

RED

rookiex
10-27-2003, 08:24 AM
I am at pretty much all the races in D11 southern ohio, 250F's are the baddest bikes in the 125 class C-A, you can bet the winner is going to be on a 250F (most of the time) But now its not just the YZ250F its kind of like pick a color cuz everyones building them.Don't get a sookzie b/c you have to split the case to chage the clutch.

stiffy
10-30-2003, 09:05 AM
My little brother has one he is 18 and about 5 ft 11 in. he weight 130lbs soakin wet and he kicks @$$ on his 250f I've ridden it at the dunes and it is the funnest bike I've ever ridden if I got another bike it would def. be the YZ250F I love that thing.

chevy71
10-31-2003, 11:54 AM
I had the same thoughts about the YZ250F as Honda 250x. I went to the dealer today and inquired about the YZ and the WR. Dude said if I wasn't racing go with the WR. He said that the YZ was a lot more to handle and had to be maintained a lot more. To me 2 bikes with roughly the same motor as far as specs say shouldn't be that different in maintenance.

To me there shouldn't be alot of differences. I was interested in the YZ because a lot of people on this board said it is a good bike even for beginners (thats of course you watch yourself and learn how to ride at your own pace).

I was all hopped up to get a YZ, but now I'm wandering. I'm not an expert, and won't competively race. I want a fast bike that can be ridden easily but can haul *** and take jumps when needed.

Is the YZ for the all out racer or will I be stuck with the WR as my choice?

Any opinions appreciated!!

James

honda_250x_87
10-31-2003, 12:02 PM
i know what ur sayin man.. the WR is a nice machine.. but i think im still gunna go for the YZF.. not to many people around here have YZ250F's so i think i mite go with that but i kinda want a quad too, so i really dont know.. i change my mind alot.. i know this tho, if i do get a dirtbike, it will be the YZF. but if i get a quad, i think i mite look at the DS650 BAJA X. but maybe i will just keep my LT250R. i dont know. :confused:

ScooterX
10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
The YZF isn't hard to handle at all. It's a lot easier to ride in the woods than any 2-stroke or 450 4-stroke. It also doesn't require more maintanance than the WRF... that all just depends on how hard you ride it. You should be changing the oil regularly on both bikes anyways.

You don't have to be an expert to ride the YZF. Mine was the first dirtbike I've ever owned and I hadn't ridden bikes much before then. Now I'm getting a lot faster and have a lot more confidence on the big jumps than I ever did w/ quads.

The WRF is easier to handle in the woods though and might be a better choice for you if thats all you do and if you like to ride at night.

Either way you won't be dissappointed w/ the bikes.

kxrider
10-31-2003, 02:09 PM
if you got the green to get one get it

K_Fulk
10-31-2003, 08:36 PM
I like them, Funnest bike i ever rode.

PhilMoore
11-01-2003, 10:24 PM
I have a 2003 WR250F. it hasn't run properly since I got it. It runs rich right off idle, so when I am trail riding, and riding slow it blubbers and backfires. I have switched pilot jets, needle jets, moved the needle clip, tweaked with the pilot screw, and I just can't get it out of there.
Other than that, it has been a really good bike. I have about 1000 miles on it now.
I made it street legal, and I ride it to work too sometimes. In fact I rode it to work last monday and it snowed in the afternoon. I had to ride home with 2 inches of snow on the road! I made it though. I didn't have any trouble until I was turning into my driveway. I spun out and did a 180. That was the only time I had to put my foot down!

The only other problem I have had is the bolt that holds the chain slider to the underside of the swingarm fell out.

lil400exman
11-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
I have a 2003 WR250F. it hasn't run properly since I got it. It runs rich right off idle, so when I am trail riding, and riding slow it blubbers and backfires. I have switched pilot jets, needle jets, moved the needle clip, tweaked with the pilot screw, and I just can't get it out of there.
Other than that, it has been a really good bike. I have about 1000 miles on it now.
I made it street legal, and I ride it to work too sometimes. In fact I rode it to work last monday and it snowed in the afternoon. I had to ride home with 2 inches of snow on the road! I made it though. I didn't have any trouble until I was turning into my driveway. I spun out and did a 180. That was the only time I had to put my foot down!

The only other problem I have had is the bolt that holds the chain slider to the underside of the swingarm fell out.
take out the carb baffles!:eek2: :huh

PhilMoore
11-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Ya,
I pulled the baffle, and installed a GYT-R exhaust tip, which really helped the power.

Still runs funky though.

needaride
11-06-2003, 07:25 AM
get the YZ, the WR is detuned from the factory. It really needs some mods to equal the YZ off the show room floor.

I was gonna buy a quad and decided on the YZ250f instead. I actually ordered a WR since i ride 95% woods. I found a sweet deal on a 03' YZ so i jumped on it. First bike i ever owned. It hauls and it seriously easy to ride. i am 6', 160 lbs and the bike fit me perfect. .

Get the YZf you wont regret it.

ONly thing i did to mine was throw a 50t sproket on and some hand guards. the thing revs forever.