PDA

View Full Version : adjusting the rear stocker shock?help fast

speedy400
10-17-2003, 09:34 AM
Hey I notised the rear shock has splines that a person could turn and tighten the spring, would I have to take it to a dealer to get this tightened?thanks, please help fast, going on a ride tmorrow.thanks-darren

10-17-2003, 09:38 AM
well if yuou crank the rear spring preload down to make it tighter, your ride is gonna be rough. you wanna soften it if anything. Turn your compression down too it'll help. Owner manual has the how to on this in there somewere,, you dont' need a dealer to do it..:cool:

speedy400
10-17-2003, 10:14 AM
well the reason I'm doing this is because I think my oil has been broken down and its the rebound it REALLY SLOW, and it seems that it only "rebounds" 1/2 way up, and for the ride tmorrow, I don't want to bottom out on anything again, So I was hoping by stiffening everything I'd get a little more out of it. I checked my manual and it dosnt say anything about it, could you or someone please tell me how to adjust it, it looks like it's just double nutted in place?thanks-darren

speedy400
10-17-2003, 07:55 PM
BUMP please help!-darren

Sprttrx400ex
10-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Adjusting the rear shock is easy. All you need is a flat head screw driver. On the left side of the quad(if your sitting on it), look for a metal cylinder type thing that is attached to the top of the shock. You should see a flat head screw. turn it one way to stiffer and one way to softer.