PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun or Yoshimura?

08-14-2001, 08:36 PM
hey,
i was lookin at the Big Gun Quiet Series and the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on for my 250ex. i need to know what u guys think of the power they give and how loud they are. i heard big gun is rly loud.
Thanxs
:devil Corey:devil

08-15-2001, 09:17 AM
White Brothers

FlyinRed
08-15-2001, 08:25 PM
Big Gun all the way. It's loud, but it's bad. The only other pipe I'ld buy is a White Bros. E. I've seen dyno's where a built motor flows a little better with the white. Also buy the whole exhaust. Thats where the power is.:macho :devil :blah :huh :mad: :grr

Sorry got a little crazy there

nakomis0
08-16-2001, 04:01 PM
I think the Yosh is sweet looking, best lookin out there in my opinion. But if your looking for arm ripping low-end power go with the big gun. And a slip-on exhaust is ussually fine on a light to mildly modded engine. If I was gonna get one of the two I'd go with the Yosh, its a little more pricey but cool

MARCUMS ATV
08-16-2001, 06:34 PM
I personally installed a Yoshimura on my daughters 2001 250ex. I have the yoshi on my 400 and love it. Its not overly loud, more of a deep low sound. I installed a K&N filter with outerwear with the air box lid still on. I am currently playing around with the jetting and will have a full report soon on my web site. The quality definitely goes to the yoshi. I think the power made is about the same on both pipes. Maybe the edge going to the big gun because it currently comes with a head pipe, but the difference is very miniscule.

Terry