PDA

View Full Version : results from southwick memorial posted

ridered86
10-17-2003, 07:53 AM
the results from the memorial race at southwick have been posted at www.neatvmx.com. after missing 5 races this year i still pulled a final 8th place for the season in 4 stroke novice, B class watch out cause here i come!!! also sicko nice job with your showing, although your change of machine definately took an effect on your riding. congrats to #'s 55, 76, 4, 326, 8 and everyone else, u guys kicked *****

muff
10-18-2003, 01:00 PM
sweet i made it to 4th, cant wait for next year, need to do a lotta workin out first tho

Sick0
10-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ridered86
the results from the memorial race at southwick have been posted at www.neatvmx.com. after missing 5 races this year i still pulled a final 8th place for the season in 4 stroke novice, B class watch out cause here i come!!! also sicko nice job with your showing, although your change of machine definately took an effect on your riding. congrats to #'s 55, 76, 4, 326, 8 and everyone else, u guys kicked *****

Thanks. happy now. I did every thing I want to do this year but win the title this year. I finally got a hole shot, won main, finally finished a main. Finally got a trophy, and My parent finaly came to watch. It was a good weekend.

To be honest, I could proble go faster on the ex( better handling, suspension, more comfortable with bike), but the thing just kept breaking down every race. But with yfz I could easly get a good start and the thing would last the whole race. The suspension sucks or was set up wrong, and I don't feel as comfortable with bike yet. Gave me alot of armpump and at the end of a race i would start to fade or get sloppy. I geuss its a trade off. I can't wait to next season,when I get a good suspension set up and work a couple of things to more comfortable the machine.

I would also like say it's been good racing with every body a very frustrated year but afun one. I'm just disapointed that now I got thing straighten out its the end of the season.

See every body next year.

muff
10-18-2003, 01:34 PM
yea i think that if i had my bike setup as it is now at the beginning of the year i could have really ripped but I'm pretty happy with a 4th place. We all gotta hook up sometime and go ridin, i wouldnt mind takin a trip to rausch, havent been there before but looks pretty sick

I'm even up for a uxbridge or rocky hill trip next weekend ( i prefer rocky hill tho but i heard they changed ux. so i wouldnt mind hittin that to)

EX 80
10-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Sick0- What are your plans for your YFZ this winter? I want to powder coat my frame and all that good stuff, but I kind of need to start paying on if first though. So i think i'll wait until after 2004 season to make it look as nice as my ex was. Just the necessary stuff for 2004. If your racing the B class next year, i look forward to racing with you once again.

TroyLeePred03
10-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by muff
yea i think that if i had my bike setup as it is now at the beginning of the year i could have really ripped but I'm pretty happy with a 4th place. We all gotta hook up sometime and go ridin, i wouldnt mind takin a trip to rausch, havent been there before but looks pretty sick

I'm even up for a uxbridge or rocky hill trip next weekend ( i prefer rocky hill tho but i heard they changed ux. so i wouldnt mind hittin that to) uxbridge next weekend.....if u go sunday i can make it i would like to get one ride in at ux before the snow falls and i take the sled down there...lol...ya i hope griffy made some good changes to the track i shoulda asked alyssa at the track the other day wat he did:( ...IM me or E-mail me at Ssport488@aol.com and let me kno wat days u guys r goin

muff
10-18-2003, 09:46 PM
sunday of next week sounds good, i have work off to :D

Sick0
10-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by EX 80
Sick0- What are your plans for your YFZ this winter? I want to powder coat my frame and all that good stuff, but I kind of need to start paying on if first though. So i think i'll wait until after 2004 season to make it look as nice as my ex was. Just the necessary stuff for 2004. If your racing the B class next year, i look forward to racing with you once again.

Well it look looking like I'm will be running LSR longtravel a-arms, axis shocks, lsr swinger, lsr axle, and maybe a real steering stem.
I'm probley going to with the Lsr, and axis stuff becuase ronnies just pick them direct, and I could probly pick a pretty good deal.

Its tuff though i want to powder coat the frame but I don't know what color. Like you I was thinking black, may be a Yz blue, with chrome a-arm, stem and swinger. plastic I'm thing about with or see. I'm not going to fancy with yfz. I'm hopping the new ronnies graphics this are better. after seeing Kandks I was hoping to some as cool as them.

That gibson frontend is sweet though. I wouldn't mind having that that set up.

I don't know what class i want to run next year. I ran the 16-24 at nats which had mostly expert in it and I like the class. it was th first time racing the yfz and I was able to hang with them. I think if I get the yfz set up good I think I will race expert next year, but if I don't I will be moving to ateast B. I'm sicking of racing with kids who don't know how to race and race stupid. I'm not saying the better kids but you get some kids that just do real stupid things in novice.

KrazyKid300ex
10-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by muff
sweet i made it to 4th, cant wait for next year, need to do a lotta workin out first tho

workin out? whats that? i need to start soon too for my first season. Congrats again muff.

cyclepro26
10-20-2003, 06:38 PM
hey ex80 why dont ya move up to A with the rest of us

EX 80
10-20-2003, 07:12 PM
I didn't get top 5. Top 10 from novice go to amateur, top 5 for amateur go to expert. I would get smoked in expert. I have never, ever, not once won a trophy on race day. The one and only trophy i ever earned, is the one from the banquet last year. I got 9th overall last year in novice. I can't see racing expert, without earning a tropy on race day (i'd even take 5th). I'd even like to snag a hole shot some day. So does that answer your question cyclepro26?

cyclepro26
10-20-2003, 07:16 PM
yup that answers it so whos planning on running expert next year

EX 80
10-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Cyclepro26- You racing 4 stroke pro am next year? If so i can't wait, I love watching it this year. Next year should be ever better with more racers.

cyclepro26
10-21-2003, 12:45 PM
yea ill be running 1 pro am probably 4 stroke and 1 expert havent decided yet if i do real good the first day ill just run 2 pro am

Sick0
10-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by EX 80
I didn't get top 5. Top 10 from novice go to amateur, top 5 for amateur go to expert. I would get smoked in expert. I have never, ever, not once won a trophy on race day. The one and only trophy i ever earned, is the one from the banquet last year. I got 9th overall last year in novice. I can't see racing expert, without earning a tropy on race day (i'd even take 5th). I'd even like to snag a hole shot some day. So does that answer your question cyclepro26?

Thats kinda how I felt about racing novice. but now I finaly meet my goals. its about time.

I seen you almost pull a couple of holeshots at nats.

quadman22
10-22-2003, 06:08 AM
i got 17th on the season and i only did 2 races. im racing all next year, i cant wait hopefully ill have some aftermarket shocks by then:devil:

EX 80
10-26-2003, 09:49 PM
http://www.eastcoastatv.com/Southwick.html

more pics

jonnyknk
10-27-2003, 06:05 AM
i will be in a class next year i don't know if i will be i 2 strock or 4 stroke

EX 80
10-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Go for the 4 stroke, everyone else is doing it ;)

cyclepro26
10-27-2003, 05:25 PM
hey jonny bring it 4strokeA

jonnyknk
10-27-2003, 05:38 PM
iat this point i think i will be running both 2 strok and four stroke
you don't want me back on a 4 stroke i much faster on one so you better hope i don't get a 4 stroke hahahahahhahaha:D :D

cyclepro26
10-28-2003, 06:47 AM
jonny u better be ready to loose if u run 4strokeA next year

jonnyknk
10-29-2003, 05:56 AM
lets think about this in the open class this year the only time i seen you on the track was a the start line after that you were eating dirt hahahahahahhahahahaha j/k man i will see you out there i will be fun